A Shameless Band Plug

Ousetunes

I must plug a band I saw last night who were, in a word, awesome. As they're a Sheffield band I feel the need to inform everyone on here just how superb they are.

I attended an Accountants' Ball at Tapton Masonic Lodge (and no I'm not before you ask) and the band who performed were called Highway Child who played a mix of soul, blues and R & B.

The attention to detail was amazing, they put on a show as opposed to just standing and performing. Each musician was extremely proficient with his instrument, the bass and lead guitarists in particular were very good. And the brass saxophonists were equally impressive. I was blown away.

I don't know this group personally but have discovered they play at West Street Live frequently. If you get a chance to see them, do so; you will not be disappointed.

From someone in the audience, I salute you fellas and wish you luck because you deserve it.

Can i just add to this thread, we went to the Milllenium Hall on Ecclesall Road last night to a birthday party and they had High storrs school soul band playing, wow, they were fantastic, to say they were all school kids, they were really proffesional, and the singers were amazing, well done to them :D

Archived