Computers cause child obesity.

No. Being bone idle makes you fat.

No. Eating more calories than you burn makes you fat.

You could run a marathon every day but if you eat more than that burns off in calories you will put on weight so your bone idle assertion doesn't stand up rather like the morbidly obese. :D

OK....I shall rephrase my original thread. Computers ENCOURAGE child obesity.

Most obese under twenties spend more than 15 hours per week on a computer.

They should be out chavving like all the other kids!:hihi::hihi:

I work on computers and spend a good portion of my day sat on my arse. I also love cheesecake. This is a terrible combo, but just taking a walk now and then keeps things under control. Sheffield's great for walking because of its hills.

Kids are growing up with more interactive computer related activities now, so there is more to entice their bums on to seats. It's not good whichever way you look at it. I just hope the message of getting out and getting active is loud enough.

No they don't its down to parental control and not using such items as a babysitter.

I know he's not a kid but Bill Gates has been around computers all his life and I wouldn't say he was overweight?.

That's because Bill Gates is a hologram. Holograms don't get fat.

I work on computers and spend a good portion of my day sat on my arse. I also love cheesecake. This is a terrible combo, but just taking a walk now and then keeps things under control. Sheffield's great for walking because of its hills.

Kids are growing up with more interactive computer related activities now, so there is more to entice their bums on to seats. It's not good whichever way you look at it. I just hope the message of getting out and getting active is loud enough.

A simple, "yes I agree" would have sufficed.:roll:

Archived