Computers cause child obesity.

Haven't we all put on a bit after buying a computer , I just thought it was a known fact that thats what happens. :confused:

If my weight was charted against my computer use, there would be a negative correlation not a positive one. I used to be a right little fatty but now I'm a lean mean, computing machine.

I'm not saying that computers have made me thin, just that I think it is unlikely that there is any sort of causal relationship at all.

I have been using computers since 1981 on a regular basis, and I am not overweight. I also eat loads of chocolate and fatty foods, and I smoke - yet am healthier than many of the people in my age group - including some much younger than myself.

There are overweight kids around who do not overeat and who do not sit in front of the computer all hours. These children do enjoy outdoor events - as much as they can participate. How do you blame computers and junk food on them?

I have been using computers since 1981 on a regular basis, and I am not overweight. I also eat loads of chocolate and fatty foods, and I smoke - yet am healthier than many of the people in my age group - including some much younger than myself.

There are overweight kids around who do not overeat and who do not sit in front of the computer all hours. These children do enjoy outdoor events - as much as they can participate. How do you blame computers and junk food on them?

It's all to do with moderation. There's nothing wrong with any leisure activity so long as you don't overdo it, but unfortunately kids who play computer games tend to do so for hours at a time to the exclusion of all else. I think this is largely because they lack the social skills to make friends, because of this they feel rejected by society and so they shut themselves in their rooms playing games for hours on end.

It's all to do with moderation. There's nothing wrong with any leisure activity so long as you don't overdo it, but unfortunately kids who play computer games tend to do so for hours at a time to the exclusion of all else. I think this is largely because they lack the social skills to make friends, because of this they feel rejected by society and so they shut themselves in their rooms playing games for hours on end.

There are kids around who have been playing on computers/consoles since they were able to waggle a joystick, and they are not overweight. I am not saying they are healthy, but definitely not overweight.

Weight problems - there are so many factors to take into consideration I think just singling out one or two is not going to help anyone.

I have also known kids who wat nothing but junk food and yet are apparently fit and healthy.

Different things affect different people differently.

Archived