Gods never care anyhow!

It becomes somewhat tiresome hearing about all these caring Gods. They all appear to believe in their own divine right to make human beings suffer. They of course, being Gods, never offer any reason for making vast amounts of us mere mortals suffer.

All these Gods apparently enjoy the suffering and starvation of mere mortals. WELL....I hope that it amuses them......it certainly does NOT amuse me!:mad:

It becomes somewhat tiresome hearing about all these caring Gods. They all appear to believe in their own divine right to make human beings suffer. They of course, being Gods, never offer any reason for making vast amounts of us mere mortals suffer.

All these Gods apparently enjoy the suffering and starvation of mere mortals. WELL....I hope that it amuses them......it certainly does NOT amuse me!:mad:

Neither does your attitude towards god.

Do gods make people suffer, or do people make people suffer?

If you throw a brick that smashes someones head in then you could say it was gods fault, but was it really?

If you rip out someone's heart - not physically but mentally, then is it's god's will or your own that the person suffers?

It is all too easy to blame god, just as it is all too easy to praise god when something good happens. But most of the time - it is just people.

Do gods make people suffer, or do people make people suffer?

If you throw a brick that smashes someones head in then you could say it was gods fault, but was it really?

If you rip out someone's heart - not physically but mentally, then is it's god's will or your own that the person suffers?

It is all too easy to blame god, just as it is all too easy to praise god when something good happens. But most of the time - it is just people.

I do not blame God at all. The entity is non existent. God exists only in the mind.

I do not blame God at all. The entity is non existent. God exists only in the mind.

Then what is the purpose of the thread? How can you not be amused by the actions of a god who resides only in your head? Does he/she tell you to do things? Are your actions brought about by the words of the god in your head and that why you are not amused?

So - you are upset about the decisions and actions you make in your life because they are solely your responsibility?

Then what is the purpose of the thread? How can you not be amused by the actions of a god who resides only in your head? Does he/she tell you to do things? Are your actions brought about by the words of the god in your head and that why you are not amused?

So - you are upset about the decisions and actions you make in your life because they are solely your responsibility?

HMMMM.....I like the actions that I take being my responsibility. It is good to have nobody else to blame. It is called being strong....more people should try it.:roll:

Even people who dont believe in gods seem to expect some natural justice in the universe, as if life is like one of those 60s Disney cartoons where the little kitten gets lost and goes through dangerous adventures in the forest or everglades or something to sweet background music. At the end of the film the kitten gets home and all is well.

In real life the kitten would be eaten by a kestrel or something.

The universe doesnt care, it CANT care because its not an entity, its just a vast expanse of nothingness with stars, rocks and ice floating about.

The biggest object in the universe is just as unimportant as the smallest.

As for gods... What can I say? Theyre man made- it`ll be interesting when we meet other people/creatures from other planets one day and learn whether they worship gods or not.

Archived