Gods never care anyhow!

You can't find any reference to him during his alleged lifetime which is quite remarkable if he really was performing all those miracles. You'd have thought at least one of the five thousand who were fed with five loaves and two fishes would have written it down or mentioned it in passing to someone who could write.

Yes, using that calendar Jesus was born 6 years after the birth of Jesus!

Jesus was and is a myth.

AEgeates had been very importunate with Maximilla and promised that he would make her mistress of his wealth; but not having been able to persuade her, he was greatly enraged, and was determined to make a public charge against all the people, and to send to Caesar an accusation against both Maximilla and all the people. And while he was arranging these things in the presence of his officers, at the dead of night he rose up, and unseen by all his people, having been tormented by the devil, he fell down from a great height, and rolling into the midst of the market-place of the city, breathed his last.

And this was reported to his brother Stratocles; and he sent his servants, having told them that they should bury him among those who had died a violent death. But he sought nothing of his substance, saying: Let not my Lord Jesus Christ, in whom I have believed, suffer me to touch anything whatever of the goods of my brother, that the condemnation of him who dared to cut off the apostle of the Lord may not disgrace me.

These things were done in the province of Achaia, in the city of Patras on the day before the kalends of December, where his good deeds are kept in mind even to this day, to the glory and praise of our Lord Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I do not understand why you feel the need for other people to believe what you want to believe, Grahame, and vice versa. You have your faith; they have their belief. End of. You can never prove anything to someone who does not want to believe, so why waste your breath trying?

You are going to end up going over the same old same old for the next 100 pages, and still not achieve anything, or it will all become name calling and stupid comments and the mods will probably have a hard time deleting such - so why not just accept that there are those who's only purpose in life seems to be to preach to you as you preach to others?

This thread - like others of this type - is going nowhere.

I do not understand why you feel the need for other people to believe what you want to believe, Grahame, and vice versa. You have your faith; they have their belief. End of. You can never prove anything to someone who does not want to believe, so why waste your breath trying?

You are going to end up going over the same old same old for the next 100 pages, and still not achieve anything, or it will all become name calling and stupid comments and the mods will probably have a hard time deleting such - so why not just accept that there are those who's only purpose in life seems to be to preach to you as you preach to others?

This thread - like others of this type - is going nowhere.

And that is all well and good but what about his views formed by his religion that Ian Huntley's 10 year old murder victims were not innocent sue to them possibly having sex education at school or that rapists should marry their victims.

If his religion leads him to having views like that then surely he needs challenging.

And that is all well and good but what about his views formed by his religion that Ian Huntley's 10 year old murder victims were not innocent sue to them possibly having sex education at school or that rapists should marry their victims.

If his religion leads him to having views like that then surely he needs challenging.

I did not say his religion was correct, or that his beliefs were correct, but it is his choice to believe what he will, just as it is the right of other christians to believe what they will. I have not met many christian fanatics relatively speaking. Most christians I have met believe in god and that's it. Everything else in their life is just the same as anyone elses. They do not make claims because of their religion. I know a lot of christians who would love to see Huntley die and have an end to it.

You are never going to believe in his god. I am never going to believe in his god. He is always likely to believe. That's no reason to have a go at him, or to incite him to have a go at anyone else.

I did not say his religion was correct, or that his beliefs were correct, but it is his choice to believe what he will, just as it is the right of other christians to believe what they will. I have not met many christian fanatics relatively speaking. Most christians I have met believe in god and that's it. Everything else in their life is just the same as anyone elses. They do not make claims because of their religion. I know a lot of christians who would love to see Huntley die and have an end to it.

You are never going to believe in his god. I am never going to believe in his god. He is always likely to believe. That's no reason to have a go at him, or to incite him to have a go at anyone else.

So you think I should sit here and let people tell their lies and do nothing.

A key point to make in answering this question is to highlight that ‘Omnipotence’ is misconstrued as ‘all powerful’. What omnipotence really implies is the ability to actualise every affair, rather than raw power.

So God being able to “create a stone He cannot move” actually describes an affair that is impossible and meaningless, just like if we were to say “a white black crow” or “a circle triangle”

The power of God – which is undoubtedly absolute and unlimited – is connected to things that are rationally possible, not things that are rationally impossible. No matter how absolute and limitless His power, it must still remain within the bounds of possibility, and it is not connected to irrationalities..

I am truly astonished that you don't realise how silly you are being here. You say god's power is 'limitless' than in the very next sentence you set out limits on his power.

Besides your defense doesn't work anyway, there are miracles in the Quran that are supernatural events and attributed to god.

The fact is omnipotence is impossible. It is impossible to be all powerful.

We know God's Will cannot be something contradictory nor irrational /absurd/impossible.
THis is your problem Bazooka, right here. This is the thing that is preventing you from understanding the truth of the world. If you take that as a given then there is no point in arguing with you and your pretenses that reason and logic are behind your thinking look very shallow indeed.

You start from this sentence and then work backwards. You start with the conclusion that 'god cannot contradict himself' and then you do mental gymnastics to convince yourself that your arguments back up

This is as opposed to me, who looks at the arguments and then forms a conclusion. When you consider the concepts of omnipotence and omniscience without any preconceived notions it becomes obvious that they are impossible and you reach the inevitable conclusion that your god does not exist.

So you think I should sit here and let people tell their lies and do nothing.

People will tell their 'lies' regardless of whether you retaliate or not. If you are so sure of the truth and so sure of your god, then what they say should not bother you. No-one is accusing you of anything illegal (at least I don't think I have seen anything on here like that), so no-one is tarring your character.

You think your god wants you to get into the silly debates like this one? Do you think you do any favours for your faith? The people on here who agree with you will continue to agree with you. Those who are set against you will remain set against you. Nothing will change.

The only thing that will happen is the same pointless drivel being regurgitated over and over and over.

If they don't want to believe, and your faith says they will go to hell because of this lack of belief, then let them go to hell (and I include me amongst 'them').

You do not need to prove anything to anyone if your faith is without question.

People will tell their 'lies' regardless of whether you retaliate or not. If you are so sure of the truth and so sure of your god, then what they say should not bother you. No-one is accusing you of anything illegal (at least I don't think I have seen anything on here like that), so no-one is tarring your character.

You think your god wants you to get into the silly debates like this one? Do you think you do any favours for your faith? The people on here who agree with you will continue to agree with you. Those who are set against you will remain set against you. Nothing will change.

The only thing that will happen is the same pointless drivel being regurgitated over and over and over.

If they don't want to believe, and your faith says they will go to hell because of this lack of belief, then let them go to hell (and I include me amongst 'them').

You do not need to prove anything to anyone if your faith is without question.

Say the same to the trouble makers.

Say the same to the trouble makers.

But if you did not allow them to upset you with their 'lies' or assertions, then what would they have to cause trouble about? You feed them, and continue to feed them.

They are not here responding to you because they think you should be allowed to believe what you want. They seem to need for you to believe what they believe.

You just keep giving them fuel to add to their insatiable fire.

Like you - I have my faith and it is mine. If people ask me about it (not on this forum though) then I will explain what I believe, and it is up to them to decide. If people are not interested or have their own beliefs then good for them. Let them get on with it.

Archived