Gods never care anyhow!

But what about all the time in the Bible where God has a go at King Saul for not killing every single Amalekite and all their cattle? Bit hypocritical from the guy who said "Thou shalt not kill"

The magistrates, judges, priests, rulers, and kings were also called God. The killing was orded by man. The Jews were a warlike nation. God in the Ten Commandements forbade killing and so did Jesus which is Christianity.

I did not say his religion was correct, or that his beliefs were correct, but it is his choice to believe what he will, just as it is the right of other christians to believe what they will. I have not met many christian fanatics relatively speaking. Most christians I have met believe in god and that's it. Everything else in their life is just the same as anyone elses. They do not make claims because of their religion. I know a lot of christians who would love to see Huntley die and have an end to it.

You are never going to believe in his god. I am never going to believe in his god. He is always likely to believe. That's no reason to have a go at him, or to incite him to have a go at anyone else.

I have a go because of his belief that Ian Huntley's 10 year old murder victims were not innocent due to them possibly having sex education at school and that he believes rapists should marry their victims.

I have a go because of his belief that Ian Huntley's 10 year old murder victims were not innocent due to them possibly having sex education at school or that rapists should marry their victims.[/QUOTE]

Who said that?:huh:

I have a go because of his belief that Ian Huntley's 10 year old murder victims were not innocent due to them possibly having sex education at school or that rapists should marry their victims.[/QUOTE]

Who said that?:huh:

Grahame did:

LINK

in this and other posts.

people can decide for themselves on issues of faith, after they are in possession of all the facts.

People do things like voting labour because their parents did, they believe in God or not either because of their parents, their friends, or because it is not the flavour of the month. If that is how people want to run their life by being influenced by others who are as ignorant as themselves then that is their lookout, but I always think we need to make informed decisions, however as I say if people have already made their minds up, or they don't want to know, or they just want to lark around then they would be better staying away.

So. Those of us who don't believe in your Christian God are 'ignorant' and influenced by others, eh? You say that 'we need to make informed decisions' yet don't seem to understand that those of us who DON'T believe in the Christian God HAVE made informed decisions (uninfluenced by others).

I really don't know why you can't take on board, Grahame, that your faith is just that: a FAITH. That means that you have to BELIEVE. In a way that a knowledge of provable facts never needs belief, it's just an incontroversial knowledge.

I refer you back to your statement, "people can decide for themselves on issues of faith, after they are in possession of all the facts" and would ask you to understand that those of us who are nonbelievers have done exactly that: decided for ourselves, in full possession of all the FACTS!

Please, leave us nonbelievers alone, unbothered by people who believe in aliens, fairies, a flat Earth etc. Oh, and, even, your Christian God.

Archived