Gods never care anyhow!

They are natural disasters. It is mans fault for building in an earthquake zone.

Then where do you plan to put the millions; no, sorry, billions of people who live in such dangerous areas? In the little dreamland in your head? :mad:

Grahame. There was a flood in Sheffield a couple of years back in which people died. Was it their own fault for living in Sheffield, 'cos it rains here?

The people who died in cholera epidemics. Was it their fault for drinking contaminated water (which they did not know was contaminated until scientists worked out the problem and the solution)?

People who die of cancer. Is it their own foolish fault for getting cancer? Scientists are trying to do something about it. God (who must have created cancer if he/she/it/they created everything) is doing precious little despite all the prayers from believers.

You'd hardly know that god existed at all, would you?

However - if those things did not exist - cancer, cholera etc, then scientists would not need to work out a cure and what about those diseases that cures are found for by accident because of this research.

Don't get me wrong Redwhine - for the most part I agree with you, but if god is to take away all the things we may have a problems with then what is the point? Bad things have to exist so you can enjoy the good things - or some other such bullony.

Aside from which - my God is local and does not give a monkeys rear end what happens elsewhere. She leaves that up to those gods who are in charge over there. :hihi:

I said store the grain on higher ground or at least above the flood level. Sounds realistic to me. :thumbsup:

A line of reasoning like this is consistent with the intellectual capacity that you demonstrate by your adherence to Christian beliefs. And, no, no compliment intended though you might have thought so. :thumbsup:

More than 6.8 billion people live in an "earthquake zone".

Unless you can inform me of somewhere on our planet that is immune from the risk of earthquakes.

:huh:

There's never been an earthquake in the molten centre of our planet. It takes solid rock acting against solid rock to cause earthquakes. But, buy real estate there and you're likely to get more than your fingers burned.

ETA; Oops! You said on the planet, not in it.:(

Every posting on this thread, except this one, can be summed up in one word.

"Cobblers".

Are all your 200 posts in 6 years (less than one per week) as insightful, inspired, well researched and informative as this one?

I'm at a loss to see how cobblers - people who make/repair shoes - are in any way connected to this thread.

:huh:Maybe you're confusing 'soles' with 'souls'?:rolleyes:

:hihi:

Archived