Gods never care anyhow!

Proof please

How do you expect someone to prove what might be? It is not stating for a fact that something is - just that it is a possibility.

I do not dispute the theory that for every possibility there is an alternate reality - but I'll be bumped off the hind leg of a kangaroo if I am going to prove it as a fact.

I have a strong suspicion you are dyslexic and mean dogs. :hihi:

Just as it is probably impossible to prove that gods exist, it is equally impossible to prove that they don't.

Believe in a god is an act of faith that some people enjoy. It also acts as providing a set of morals and a way of life.

Not sure what the problem is of those people who take it upon themselves to denounce others for having something they want to believe in - as long as there is no attempt to force feed you the religion. Not exactly harming you if Joe Bloggy Bloggs believes in God is it?

Just as it is probably impossible to prove that gods exist, it is equally impossible to prove that they don't.

Believe in a god is an act of faith that some people enjoy. It also acts as providing a set of morals and a way of life.

Not sure what the problem is of those people who take it upon themselves to denounce others for having something they want to believe in - as long as there is no attempt to force feed you the religion. Not exactly harming you if Joe Bloggy Bloggs believes in God is it?

Actually you can prove god doesn't exist, first of all, the following does NOT apply to ALL possible gods one can imagine. If the god is the sun or some nebulous concept like "hope" or "joy" then stop reading. This doesn't really apply.

But it's pretty simple to show the God of the Abrahamic faiths, specifically the YHWH/Jehova/God/Allah doesn't exist.

This God has the following DEFINITE attributes:

1) Omnipotence: As such e can do anything that is possible to do(and some go so far as to assert that, with God...all things are possible.), constrained only by logic as that he cannot make a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it because, by definition a "rock" MUST be liftable and it would not be so if an omnipotent being could not lift it.

2) Omniscience: God KNOWS all. The Bible and Koran tell us that he knows the future as well as he knows the past and his knowledge is immutable(i.e. If God sees that I will expire in sixty seconds, I will be dead in sixty seconds.)

3) Omnibenevolence: God is "all loving" and all GOOD so that there is no "evil" in God, nor even potential to do evil.

4) God has free will

If God KNEW, as far back in time as you can even possibly think of that, that humans would exist and that he himself would create them, then at what point could God be credited with a decision to make humanity? He would have no choice but to do as he already knew he would and create humans or else he would invalidate his omniscience, ipso facto free will lost.

To put in other words, God is either all knowing OR has free will but as demonstrated not both.

To try and escape this paradox, theologians try and assert God is "beyond time" or transcendent. Why? Mainly because the idea being that if there is no "time" for God then there is no "before" so God can somhow know all and simultaneously make free willed decisions (but they have a habit of NEVER explain how such is even possible or sensible though).

But the problem with "transcendence" herein lays: We define "existence", in the context the term is being used (re: things with an independent being as opposed to a conceptual existence) as a thing which both has sense contents (i.e. it can somehow be detected/measured. Otherwise what would it mean to say that it exists at all? I could say that my girlfriend 'Invisible, intangible Angelina Jolie' exists but she can't be detected, but does that mean that I am making love to Angelina when it appears I am masturbating?) and is constrained within linear time.

But why linear time? Simple. Without sequence (which can occur within linear temporality), no action can take place. The simple act of 'being' requires a moment in order to be IN! The notion that "God exists" makes not one iota of sense without a span of time for which God does whatever he is doing. And this is even more evident for actions such as "creating".

And thus do I show that God does not exist, except as an imaginary thing.

Archived