Pills For Depression, How Good Are They?

Narr .. finger mails ..

Oh god .. what disgusting little ****s we were .. haha

Y'know .. it's nice to know there are other folks out there that do or think that same crazy shi t that I do!

I still eat flies and daddy long legs now as long as theres someone around to gross out.

I like to grab handfulls of dog food from my sis in laws dogs bowl and eat it just to see the look on her face!

she loves that!

Mike was on about this wee spider tonight, running around the top of the BBQ .. so I rescued it .. he then walked up to it .. looked at me, and said ... "You know what they say .. out of the frying pan, into the fire" .. and proceeded to stamp on it ...

By the way .. I LOVE Bonios!

And how different are you now to what you were before you started taking them?

Personality wise - exactly the same.

Otherwise - I spend far less time sitting snivelling on the sofa!

I've suffered from depression on and off for over 30 years. Sometimes it was triggered by something horrendous that happened in my life, other times there was no apparent trigger.

On one occasion, after several months of bad things, which I'd coped with perfectly well, I just burst into tears over my cornflakes one morning and couldn't go to work. After about a week, I dragged myself up to the doctors and sat that snivelling at him that I wasn't depressed, because I had nothing to be depressed about, life had been crap for a while, but it was now all fine and dandy, so I couldn't possibly be depressed, I had to be happy!

He refrained from slapping me for my stupidity, explained that the depression was a response to what I'd been through, it was just a bit delayed this time, put me on Prozac for a few months and I was fine.

The longest bout of depression I had before this current one, was a year or so. I saw a counsellor, which I found very helpful. We managed to establish that the root cause of my depression was probably because I was a perfectionist, but we never worked out how I could stop! But the depression was lifting, so I wasn't too bothered anyway.

This time, I headed for the Prozac a short time after my partner died suddenly from a heart attack. I had her mother, a dog and 3 cats to look after and knew I'd need all the help I could get. It was lucky, really, that I'd had the previous episodes of depression, so at least I had some coping mechanisms and knew I could survive depression, and things could improve, otherwise I'd have taken an overdose within a few months.

I've found I need to fight against depression - it's the enemy, there to be beaten, like some malignant alien force that's taken me over and I have to defeat it, to get the real me back again.

I make the most of the good times and try hard not to think of how I might feel tomorrow or next week. Gradually, over the last 5 years, things have got better and I'm more up than down, but not to the extent that I'm going to give up my "happy pills" just yet.

Ta for that.

I just dont want to stop being the creature Ive always been. I`d hate to become one of those poor, sad, pathetic, sensible buggers with no sense of humour and interests in Victorian electrical equipment or steam engines or something.

Id rather be depressed than end up like that!

I don`t think you could ever be that that mate. you`ll always be one of lifes entertaining nutjobs. thats why we love ya x ;)

Archived