Bumble bees have changed colour!!

There have been a lot of extremely large bumble bees out and about, I'm a fan of the red tail bee and for one am clad to see it slowly taking over the world.

I spent two hours in my mums garden yesterday looking at varying plants and bugs and counted 7 different types of bumblebee in her cherry trees going nuts for the blossom... including a couple of good old fashioned yellow and black ones of a slightly smaller variety.

They are still around, it's just at this time of year the bigger bees seem to be on the move looking for new homes so we see a lot more of them.

They are big enough to take over the world!

One of them buzzed around me at the allotment this morning. I was about to hit it with the spade, but thought twice, it was big enough to take the spade off me and hit me back, then shove it's mighty sting into my soft tissue as if to say "Don't mess earthling"! :o

The harsh winter will have killed off a lot of bug life.

Only the wimpy ones. Other places have bugs and have colder winters - the bugs survive.

The UK used to have real winters and the bugs survived those, too.

I saw an 18-spot bishy-barnabee yesterday. Han't seen one of those in a while.

Archived