A question for people who follow a RELIGION.

Not everything can be explained. Perhaps one day science will catch up, and possibly overtake faith. But at this moment - in this place - science does not have all the answers.

O come on, no science does not have all the answers and it never will, otherwise is ceases to be science. Ok fine people with a religion are free to believe in such, that's great, fantastic, brilliant, athiests are free to denounce it if they wish.

I do think that people who piece it together as they go along (i like to call them jigsaw religions) are some of the biggest assholes on the planet, and usually those who are weak willed follow them in search of some unique spirituatlity that cannot be found in mainstream religions.

You will continue to go round in circles as long as you are citing things that cannot be proven one way or the other, it's an endless self defeating debate that goes nowhere.

For someone who is happy for people to believe or not, you seem to always find yourself wading into the argument...to quote your own words, if you didn't give a crap, it wouldn't bother you.....so why the constant need to correct the athiests?

O come on, no science does not have all the answers and it never will, otherwise is ceases to be science. Ok fine people with a religion are free to believe in such, that's great, fantastic, brilliant, athiests are free to denounce it if they wish.

I do think that people who piece it together as they go along (i like to call them jigsaw religions) are some of the biggest assholes on the planet, and usually those who are weak willed follow them in search of some unique spirituatlity that cannot be found in mainstream religions.

You will continue to go round in circles as long as you are citing things that cannot be proven one way or the other, it's an endless self defeating debate that goes nowhere.

For someone who is happy for people to believe or not, you seem to always find yourself wading into the argument...to quote your own words, if you didn't give a crap, it wouldn't bother you.....so why the constant need to correct the athiests?

Just this one for you, because I know you cannot help being the way you are. I do not constanty try to correct atheists. They ask questions and I answer those questions. Sometimes I do not explain myself very clearly and then have to explain that how they understood my response was not how I intended it.

If you are suggesting that I ignore any questions asked of me concerning my faith then that would make asking me anything a bit pointless would it not?

I really do not care what you want to believe or not to believe. It's your choice. Hey ho!

Have a nice day.

You seem incapable of posting without first having some dig at me for having an alternate view to you, im sorry you have such difficulty with the fact i think differently to you, i hope one day you can move beyond that and actually talk to me like a human being.

Did you just ignore that i said the same thing as you, albeit in a different way?

To answer the OP at the age of 11 i decided religion was not helping anyone around me and in fact causing more sparing and rifts than anything else and it actually seemed insulting that i was forced to worship something that offered free will and yet allowed no deviation from what was written in the little black book.

It is like democracy without a vote...otherwise known as a dictatorship, funny how that was the best form of government back in the year sixteen nought blob.

You seem incapable of posting without first having some dig at me for having an alternate view to you, im sorry you have such difficulty with the fact i think differently to you, i hope one day you can move beyond that and actually talk to me like a human being.

Did you just ignore that i said the same thing as you, albeit in a different way?

To answer the OP at the age of 11 i decided religion was not helping anyone around me and in fact causing more sparing and rifts than anything else and it actually seemed insulting that i was forced to worship something that offered free will and yet allowed no deviation from what was written in the little black book.

It is like democracy without a vote...otherwise known as a dictatorship, funny how that was the best form of government back in the year sixteen nought blob.

Not sure what dig you are referring to. I said I know the way you are with religion. Is that supposed to be a dig? It's all in your head.

My other comments were aimed at explaining why I continue to respond to religious threads. Because religions interest me.

And finally - it seems to me like every post you make concerning religions you have to have a dig at them -

People who learn or take on religion a piece at a time are assholes because they are finding their own way rather than being preached to? Nothing wrong with searching out some unique spirituality. Those mainstream religions you talk about are not the be all and end all of religion. Never have been, and probably never will be. the fact that people can accept that parts of their religion may be wrong and alter to suit is a good thing I would have thought.

Another religious thread?

Oh well.....bums on seats, I suppose.

I don't think this was intended to be a thread to cause an argument or debate per se. Seems like the OP was just interested in whether people follow a religion and why.

But as usual - there are always those who want to make more out of it than just keeping it simple, and those who completely ignore the original post.

But as usual - there are always those who want to make more out of it than just keeping it simple, and those who completely ignore the original post.

Yes, they are called aggressive militant atheists :D. They feel threatened by everyone with faith for some strange reason.

Yes, they are called aggressive militant atheists :D. They feel threatened by everyone with faith for some strange reason.

Could be envy on their part because we have an invisible friend to speak with and they don't - they have to become schitzo or similar before they can talk to an invisible friend ... or get religion. :hihi::hihi:

There's a difference? :hihi::hihi:

There's a difference between what?

You need to look up the meaning of schizophrenic possibly? Or I do?

Anyhow - was meant to be a quick comeback and you spoiled it now.

You always have to go and spoil things don't you?

Back on topic then ... er ... damn! I have no idea what we were discussing.:hihi:

Archived