A question for people who follow a RELIGION.

Well why are we here then?

To prepare for the next life... to reach to more spirituality... to learn about and get closer to God... to be tested... and much more but I am still just a simpleton when it comes to these matters. ;)

To prepare for the next life... to reach to more spirituality... to learn about and get closer to God... to be tested... and much more but I am still just a simpleton when it comes to these matters. ;)

Well I sort of agree with you - as can be seen in my responses to Flamingjimmy - at least I hope I managed to get across that part to him. I question spirituality and definitely would not agree with getting closer to god. Tested - only by ourselves.

Suppose your awareness is the only thing that is important? Suppose you go through life on Earth in order to assimilate some understanding of things required to be used in the 'next life'? It's a bit like going to Spain to learn something about Spanish people so that you can write an essay about it when you get home.

Perhaps people are on Earth for that kind of research holiday - (and most would possibly ask for a refund on their return, damning the holiday company for such a shambles).

Just wondering.

Well I sort of agree with you - as can be seen in my responses to Flamingjimmy - at least I hope I managed to get across that part to him. I question spirituality and definitely would not agree with getting closer to god. Tested - only by ourselves.

Suppose your awareness is the only thing that is important? Suppose you go through life on Earth in order to assimilate some understanding of things required to be used in the 'next life'? It's a bit like going to Spain to learn something about Spanish people so that you can write an essay about it when you get home.

Perhaps people are on Earth for that kind of research holiday - (and most would possibly ask for a refund on their return, damning the holiday company for such a shambles).

Just wondering.

Yes, kind of, though I believe the things we are supposed to be learning about aren't worldly things, we're learning about our realities and our relationship with God. We are here for researching, also for cleaning and learning.

Yes, kind of, though I believe the things we are supposed to be learning about aren't worldly things, we're learning about our realities and our relationship with God. We are here for researching, also for cleaning and learning.

But why come to Earth if not to learn about worldly things? You would not go on holiday to spain to not learn about spain would you?

I don't have a relationship with god and don't want one thanks. I think my Goddess would soon put god in his place - as often happens with men being put in place by women ;)

Just because "In the beginning man created god" does not mean believing in that god is wrong or retarded.

But why come to Earth if not to learn about worldly things? You would not go on holiday to spain to not learn about spain would you?

I don't have a relationship with god and don't want one thanks. I think my Goddess would soon put god in his place - as often happens with men being put in place by women ;)

Just because "In the beginning man created god" does not mean believing in that god is wrong or retarded.

The worldly things are what tests us, distracts us and fools us into not believing. Everything in this world is designed to make us doubt God.

The worldly things are what tests us, distracts us and fools us into not believing. Everything in this world is designed to make us doubt God.

Not sure about that either. I do not believe in your god and you do not know mine - so who is to say which is the right one? There are few people who go from birth to death with no distractions of life. Would make life itself a bit pointless that would.

In the case of the christian god - why would he himself try to make us doubt him? Do not see the point of that.

And are you saying that all people who do not believe in him are damned - just because they failed the test? Bit nasty that for a loving forgiving god.

Been through some proper nastiness in my life, but though I have questioned my faith I have never doubted it. Taking this into consideration I am quite certain that I never ever will. So what is the point in continuing to test me? Nothing is ever going to make me change my mind about my Goddess. So I have either already passed or already failed. What is the point in continuing with it?

Not sure about that either. I do not believe in your god and you do not know mine - so who is to say which is the right one? There are few people who go from birth to death with no distractions of life. Would make life itself a bit pointless that would.

In the case of the christian god - why would he himself try to make us doubt him? Do not see the point of that.

And are you saying that all people who do not believe in him are damned - just because they failed the test? Bit nasty that for a loving forgiving god.

Been through some proper nastiness in my life, but though I have questioned my faith I have never doubted it. Taking this into consideration I am quite certain that I never ever will. So what is the point in continuing to test me? Nothing is ever going to make me change my mind about my Goddess. So I have either already passed or already failed. What is the point in continuing with it?

It's not a case of pass and fail, I mean being tested as in being tried. I don't believe atheists or monotheists are damned as I believe God's mercy overrides his wrath ;), but just that everyone has their position and it's nobody's fault, it's just how they were made.

So I have either already passed or already failed

There's always time. You never know what could change. I too have no doubt whatsoever about my faith, however I believe I could fall and God could easily take that from me... maybe to give it back later in life... it's never the end as long as we're here, you never know what's going to happen. That's why you should respect people who believe differently from you - for all you know, you could lose your faith and they could find it. :)

It's not a case of pass and fail, I mean being tested as in being tried. I don't believe atheists or monotheists are damned as I believe God's mercy overrides his wrath ;), but just that everyone has their position and it's nobody's fault, it's just how they were made.

There's always time. You never know what could change. I too have no doubt whatsoever about my faith, however I believe I could fall and God could easily take that from me... maybe to give it back later in life... it's never the end as long as we're here, you never know what's going to happen. That's why you should respect people who believe differently from you - for all you know, you could lose your faith and they could find it. :)

Not going to happen - me losing my faith. Like I said - worst case scenario is me questioning it, and then feeling a proper numpty for doing so.

As stated on this thread and on others - I do not care if other people want to believe differently, or not believe at all.

I think this has been one of the few threads so far that has remained relatively unscathed by those with nothing better to do than have a go at people for being religious. Just a shame few people feel confident enough to post on it.

Archived