A question for people who follow a RELIGION.

Not going to happen - me losing my faith. Like I said - worst case scenario is me questioning it, and then feeling a proper numpty for doing so.

As stated on this thread and on others - I do not care if other people want to believe differently, or not believe at all.

I think this has been one of the few threads so far that has remained relatively unscathed by those with nothing better to do than have a go at people for being religious. Just a shame few people feel confident enough to post on it.

Just out of curiosity, would you mind telling me a little about what you believe? If you don't want to be attacked you could PM it to me?

So you are saying wars, disease, famine, murder are all designed to instil doubt.

I'm not a holy person so I don't know much about anything TBH but I would say that yes, that is one fuction of them, and it works doesn't it. How many people have you heard say; "How can God exist when there's so much bad in the world?"?

Just out of curiosity, would you mind telling me a little about what you believe? If you don't want to be attacked you could PM it to me?

I've been attacked plenty so sort of getting immune to it. The reason I will not post about my faith is because I do not want to preach about it. Lots of things still for me to find answers to, and I am always questioning.

What I can say is that I follow the Goddess Ana - Britains oldest deity, adopted by the Irish in a way - hence the Tuatha de Danann, and the Scottish version of Athena, but also by numerous other faiths. And the only other thing I am willing to say about it is that Ana is not a very pleasant Goddess at times - none of this love and forgiveness rubbish. More - you make a mistake - you get slapped round the head. ;)

I'm not a holy person so I don't know much about anything TBH but I would say that yes, that is one fuction of them, and it works doesn't it. How many people have you heard say; "How can God exist when there's so much bad in the world?"?

But I thought wars and murder were down to man's free will and not some design as you have suggested.

But I thought wars and murder were down to man's free will and not some design as you have suggested.

Cannot both exist side by side? No of course not, not to our human minds... that doesn't make any sense. :roll: It's like the same old tired anecdote;

Can God make a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it? Clever eh? No, it's not, because that's us using our minds. God is not a giant version of us, regardless of what is made out on TV. God is outside of time and space, He doesn't adhere to our rules.

Cannot both exist side by side? No of course not, not to our human minds... that doesn't make any sense. :roll: It's like the same old tired anecdote;

Can God make a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it? Clever eh? No, it's not, because that's us using our minds. God is not a giant version of us, regardless of what is made out on TV. God is outside of time and space, He doesn't adhere to our rules.

How do you know he doesn't look like us and why is he a he.

Archived