Nick Clegg won't support Labour in a hung parliament.

I think you are missing an important point here Titanic, which can be summed up in one word - politicians

It seems ridiculous to me, surely these people go into Politics to get their policies implemented and not the completely opposite policies of one of their main rivals.

I think we should have a Lab/Tory pact to keep the traitor out.

Titanic99, it would be natural to assume that you hadn't read any of the parties policies from the lies that you post.

According to the OP Clegg will support the Tories even if Labour get the most seats.

So there you have it, vote Lib Dem get Tory.

Same old Tories but yellow.

Surely what matters isn't seat, but votes? Since both the Lib-Dems and Conservatives are on course to both have more votes than Labour it seems like Clegg is onto a fair and square winner with Cameron.

But come on Max, Lib-Dems are the new Tories is hardly the most convincing smear that Labour have come up with lately? ;)

Titanic99, it would be natural to assume that you hadn't read any of the parties policies from the lies that you post.

Surely what matters isn't seat, but votes? Since both the Lib-Dems and Conservatives are on course to both have more votes than Labour it seems like Clegg is onto a fair and square winner with Cameron.

But come on Max, Lib-Dems are the new Tories is hardly the most convincing smear that Labour have come up with lately? ;)

Nope, there's nothing compelling him to do a deal with either party and should he decide to support a Party whose policies are completely opposite to his own, then that is a betrayal of all of his supporters.

Assuming nothing exists in the Libs constitution, he should negotiate with both and put the options to his members or MP's.

Another one towing the party line, without question. Try looking into the claims rather than swallowing everything Labour want you to believe, well that’s if you are not a Labour activist, in which case there is no hope for you :)

I am not towing any party line. I hate what the present Labour government has done to this country , it eats at the very fibre of my being. I am certainly NOT an activist. I am a well read man however and I really do believe that the CONs would love to destroy the NHS. They have wished to do so for many years, the Thatcher government begun it with a "creeping privatisation". The CONs now realise that they can CUT IT DRASTICALLY and turn round to the electorate and say, " Look we had to do it, Labour left us in a mess, it was their fault"

They would love to destroy the NHS and deprive poor people of proper medical treatment in order to "cull" the "surplus population"

what have any of the other leaders done for sheffield?

what credentials do any of the other potential or past chancellors have?

Come on, you can’t respond to a question by just turning it around and asking it back.

unregistered said Clegg "represents Sheffield very well" .. I want to know how and what has he done to represent Sheffield so well?

Nick has saved Sheffield from Labour and Tory abuse.

That didn’t answer the question though did it?

What has Clegg done to represent Sheffield to well?

Vinny has proved his credentials in all his interviews.

Can you please link these interviews and give reason to why they show he has such good credentials.

A couple of queries I'd have on this.

Does Nick Clegg have the power within his parties constitution to do this, surely he has to go either to his MP's or party members for decisions like this. Does anyone know the answer to this on here as I understand that far more of the members favour a coalition with Labour.

The second is I posted the following on a similar thread and I just can't see how he can possibly work with the Tories when their policies are so different.

Libs want to get rid of Trident, Tories want to strengthen it

Libs want to reduce taxes for the poor, Tories for the rich

Libs want to be a part of Europe, Tories would prefer to be out of it

Libs want to Tax the rich property owners, Tories want to give them more tax back

Libs want to be soft on crime, Tories tough

Libs want to be soft on Immigration, Tories tough on it

Libs want to keep public services, Tories want to slash them

Libs didn’t want to support Iraq, Tories did

Libs want to invest in Education, Tories cut spending

as i understand it, there will need to be a special conference type thing for the lib dems to approve the deal. not sure if the other parties will need one though, i suppose it depends on the leader's opinion of democracy.

given that the alternative would probably be another general election then i can't really see that the conference would not accept the leaders decision.

They would love to destroy the NHS and deprive poor people of proper medical treatment in order to "cull" the "surplus population"

You are so well read that you would make such a blatant stupid accusation. You're a nut-job that’s easy to see. :roll:

You are so well read that you would make such a blatant stupid accusation. You're a nut-job that’s easy to see. :roll:

Come on now, the truth hurts. Thatcher DID start a "creeping privatisation" of the NHS and the CONs would love to abolish if they could. They WILL NOT only because they DARE NOT.:cool:

Archived