Tories to encourage charging for nursery places..

In an article in the Observer this morning an article raised concerns on the Tories allowing nurseries to charge top up fees, which could end free childcare for children three and over.

I am not a parent, but one thing I feel is vital and should be extended is cheap, high quality childcare for all.

If the Tories do win, good luck to all of you mum's already struggling to fund childcare. Oh and if Nick Clegg would not back labour, then maybe he will support childcare charges.

Just found it, and at the end it says.

"Seven out of 10 providers claim issues with the free entitlement are a serious threat to their survival and 15% of them have warned that if the problem is not resolved they will pull out of the scheme"

But then it also says that the "top up fees" is not in the Tory Manifesto

Just found it, and at the end it says.

"Seven out of 10 providers claim issues with the free entitlement are a serious threat to their survival and 15% of them have warned that if the problem is not resolved they will pull out of the scheme"

But then it also says that the "top up fees" is not in the Tory Manifesto

Well it's not in the Tory manifesto because at first glance it seems like a massive vote loser.

In an article in the Observer this morning an article raised concerns on the Tories allowing nurseries to charge top up fees, which could end free childcare for children three and over.

I am not a parent, but one thing I feel is vital and should be extended is cheap, high quality childcare for all.

If the Tories do win, good luck to all of you mum's already struggling to fund childcare. Oh and if Nick Clegg would not back labour, then maybe he will support childcare charges.

Still I've no doubt all the businessmen will back this policy and remember we'll all be 75p a week better off (or whatever the figure is) so we should be grateful.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/25/conservatives-charge-nursery-places

So what you are saying is that Labour is actually the threat to childcare now, not the Conservatives possibly maybe in the future because they haven't happened to mention anything specific in the manifesto?

I am truly shocked !! (sic) Charging for nursery places ? Natural selection or what ?? :huh: Whatever next in the lead up to an election "BNP member eats black baby? " Its all a load of shizzle and should not be taken to heart.. No government is going to make a miracle cure to sort our sorry country out in the next few months... Wheres than national debt clock when you need it ??

:help: is what we need in the form of Rationalisation and exclusion... :D:D

Archived