My tyres keep going down

I have a Ford Focus with 17" alloy wheels and for ages now the front tyre keeps going down, its not punctured but with constantly pumping it upn it has damged several tyres, I have taken it to two garages who have what they call sealed it, and yet another new tyre, and its still doing it, the last garage has said to take it back but they dont know what else to do with it, as they sealed it really good last time.

Can anybody tell me where I can take it and waht might be wrong with it, I thought of buying anew wheel, but they were special wheels and not ford, I would appreciate any help thankyou

sounds like the wheel is buckled so tyre is nots sealing properly. if there is no signes of damage to the outside of the wheel check the inside of the rim. how old are the alloys you have you might be able to pick up a new on from a shop or check out ebay

It's either:

a) Puncture

b) Faulty valve

c) tyre not sealing correctly

You can get a new valve fitted for approx £3, or have your tyre replaced - which you mention you have done. The other alternative would be to replace that alloy with a newer one, or get that one shot blasted and re-lacquered at a cost of approx £60.

Take the wheel off the car. Blow up the tyre to about 50 psi and lay it flat on the ground and spray with a hose pipe. You can see where the air is coming out. A kids paddling pool also works well.

If air is leaking between tyre and rim, hitting the tyre with a hammer close to the rim often seals it.

Another old trick is to put about an egg cup full of milk into the tyre through the valve and then reinflate. It sounds daft but it does work, although the air stinks when you eventually change your tyre.

Archived