Obama says USA isn't a christian nation.

Not true, people have NOT gotten over it , and will NOT forget what he said.

What happened to "forgive those that trespass against us" and "turn the other cheek"? Is that a custom "more honor'd in the breach than in the observance"?

As the great Bill Hicks recounted:

[about three rednecks who met him after a show where he made a joke about Christians]

Bill Hicks: [imitating them] "Hey buddy, we're Christians, we don't like what you said."

Bill Hicks: [in his own voice] I said "Then forgive me".

Honestly, fancy being a Christian and not knowing about forgiveness.

Wrong on all colunts ! US is a Christian nation, although what can you expect a person who had a middle name like Hussein to say :roll: I rest my case!

Didn't you know that secretly Obama is a muslim, he couldn't openly declare it and now that his feet are under the table he will be implementing his own hidden agenda.

I wonder what that can be, sharia law, loads of beautiful new mosques springing up etc etc :D

Didn't you know that secretly Obama is a muslim, he couldn't openly declare it and now that his feet are under the table he will be implementing his own hidden agenda.

I wonder what that can be, sharia law, loads of beautiful new mosques springing up etc etc :D

See, you do have a 'British' sense of humour after all! :D

Remind us the first Commandment again.
You started something with your 10 Commandments thing earlier. I started reading up on them, and, naturally, the 'Thou shalt not commit adultery' caught my attention. I never realised that 'adultery' really only used to apply if the woman was married, not the man ... :suspect:

It's caused a heated debate here, I can tell you ;)

You learn something new every day :)

What happened to "forgive those that trespass against us" and "turn the other cheek"? Is that a custom "more honor'd in the breach than in the observance"?

As the great Bill Hicks recounted:

[about three rednecks who met him after a show where he made a joke about Christians]

Bill Hicks: [imitating them] "Hey buddy, we're Christians, we don't like what you said."

Bill Hicks: [in his own voice] I said "Then forgive me".

Honestly, fancy being a Christian and not knowing about forgiveness.

I gather that thing jesus said about rich people having less chance of entering heaven than a camel passing through the eye of a needle isn't a particularly popular point with many of America's christian fundamentalists either.

Wrong on all colunts ! US is a Christian nation, although what can you expect a person who had a middle name like Hussein to say :roll: I rest my case!
The US, while being predominantly a Christian nation is tolerant of the right of all its citizens to follow any religion they choose or none at all. Despite what the Tea Party or Sarah Palin says.:|

Archived