Obama says USA isn't a christian nation.

He only said what is patently obvious to anyone except those who live in the past.

Once the country was a nation of predominantly white people who came from different countries throughout Europe but were mostly chrisitians of one denominatiom or another.

Now it's a country where people still proudly identify themselves as Americans but hold to different religions with the number of christians declining somewhat but still in the majority

According to those experts who see America in 50 years time the Hispanic people (Those whose ancestry originated in Mexiico and south America) will become the largest racial group in America with whites and smaller groups dropping to below 49 percent. Interesting to note too that the very great majority of Hispanics are catholics so take heart all ye who deplore the decline of christian beliefs.

It could very well become a 90 percent christian nation again

It's ok. Sarah Palin is having a Tea Party and she is dealing with it.

I dont know what this lady's political ambitions are but she'll never stand a chance of being elected to president. She appeals only to one section of voters.

She might win the Alaska contest for Sexiest Grandmother though :hihi:

:):)

I dont know what this lady's political ambitions are but she'll never stand a chance of being elected to president. She appeals only to one section of voters.

You Betcha, she can see Russia from her house, and has shot a moose or two in her time. Perfect reasons to become the most powerful person on earth. But would somebody buy her some clothes, that red and black outfit must be starting to chuck up a bit by now.

:):)You Betcha, she can see Russia from her house, and has shot a moose or two in her time. Perfect reasons to become the most powerful person on earth. But would somebody buy her some clothes, that red and black outfit must be starting to chuck up a bit by now.

The rest of her wardrobe is a Davy Crockett outfit for moose hunting :hihi:

I'm no great expert on the US constitution, but I'm pretty well sure the USA is founded on a secular society with no connection between any religion and the government.

Am I wrong?

The Constitution was written with the intention to keep church and state separate and also says that there shall be no establishment of a national religion.

Schools cannot teach religious instruction unless they're private schools and no religious symbols are allowed on school property or public buildings.

The founding fathers who wrote the constitution were church going christians themselves and often invoked the name of God in their speeches or on documents. The pledge of allegiance also mentions God.

This doesn't mean that the church plays any part in the running of the country. The English coat of arms has the word Dieu which is French for God but I'm sure God plays no part in Westminster politics either

The Constitution was written with the intention to keep church and state separate and also says that there shall be no establishment of a national religion.

Schools cannot teach religious instruction unless they're private schools and no religious symbols are allowed on school property or public buildings.

The founding fathers who wrote the constitution were church going christians themselves and often invoked the name of God in their speeches or on documents.

Some were Christians some weren't, some were deists and really rather hostile to Christianity.

The pledge of allegiance also mentions God.

And it always said that did it?

She has the media spotlight whichever way you look at it. Just don't google vpilf :P

Archived