Obama says USA isn't a christian nation.

QUOTE=Bloomdido;6174417]She has the media spotlight whichever way you look at it. Just don't google vpilf :PIf this country voted only what Google says it should, we would be in deep doodoo, However it doesn't.:)

The Pledge of Allegiance was worded:"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1954, during the McCarthy era and communism scare, Congress passed a bill, which was signed into law, to add the words "under God." The current Pledge reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

If it plays no part, why was it specifically added?

Secondly, some of the founding fathers were theists or deists, but not specifically Christians - Thomas Jefferson was notably anti-organised religion, as was Benjamin Franklin.

The mention of McCarthy defines another time, when fear of communism ran wild and something as unAmerican as the Unamerican Affairs Committee was allowed to exist. So the words under God were included. They have never left. Nobody will go to jail for either not pledging or omitting "under god" when they pledge. That's the beauty of American life. US Currency also states "In God we trust" and as long as I can buy a Coke with it I don't care who we trust in.:)

The town I live in is strongly republican with a church on just about every block downtown. The churches are always filled Sunday mornings.

At Christmas however you wont find any mangers or crosses on City Hall property or religious services at the junior schools or at the high school

What's written on a dollar bill or any other document dont matter squat. It's how separation of church and state are practiced that is the important factor.

The US flag is flown on all public buildings and outside a lot of homes. The flag is the true symbol of unification in America

Archived