The Mental health Services

What is going on with the Mental Health Services in this country.

I have had mental health problems for a few years now and never had as many problems with the services than I do now.

My community psychiatric nurse (cpn) left northlands community health centre for a new job about 3 months ago and I was supposed to be getting a new worker which there has been no sign of yet and when I complain they just tell me that it is being sorted.

I have been getting very ill over the last few weeks and without a cpn I have no access to the Mental health Services.I have tried to contact the duty worker a few times but they always seem to be busy so I have failed to see anyone in the service.

My GP has contacted them without success and now it is left to the GP's to see to my wounds and do what they can to help me but they are not trained for this and are getting frustrated with the services.

So when the NHS and the government tell you that there is plenty of help for the mentally ill it is a lie.

Archived