Film "look away" moments?

aelfheah

I think ive only ever had one or two of these in the last 10 years but for me: -

Pretty much any rape scenes in movies like the "Last house on the left" and stuff, really makes me look away.

BUT on another note -

Martyrs - The final torture scenes. I wont go in detail but anyone who knows this french horror knows what im talking about. One of the most disturbing ive seen.

I think ive only ever had one or two of these in the last 10 years but for me: -

Pretty much any rape scenes in movies like the "Last house on the left" and stuff, really makes me look away.

BUT on another note -

Martyrs - The final torture scenes. I wont go in detail but anyone who knows this french horror knows what im talking about. One of the most disturbing ive seen.

Oh yes, the final Martyrs scene, forgot about that one. It was pretty wrong to be fair, good ending though!

The Irreversible rape scene goes on for so long it's almost impossible to look away. I remember going to the cinema to watch that and the usher was stood at the entrance warning us of the serious violence and I just laughed it off.
I find it odd that it is always the rape scene that gets mentioned when talking about the violence in this film, when the violence in the first scene of film is even grimmer. Doesn't last as long, but is really brutal. And horribly real.

This is England - I had trouble watching the scene near the end with Milky. Won't spoil it for people who've not seen it yet!

Apparently, there's a new series starting soon on C4 based on the film, or something along those lines

Lots of it filmed in + around Sheffield.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched "Scum" on the tv the other day... I had to leave the room when there was the gang rape on the underage boy. I could still hear it though and i've still got it in my head over a week later. Awful!

Finally got round to watching Rec the other day, and I agree with others about the last ten minutes of that film, you just want it to be over!

Rec 2 was good too, the last 10 minutes of that are of a similar nature but explain the infection further, which turned out to be a very good story line. I would advise a watch if you have seen the first one.

I find it odd that it is always the rape scene that gets mentioned when talking about the violence in this film, when the violence in the first scene of film is even grimmer. Doesn't last as long, but is really brutal. And horribly real.

Yes that was horrible too and I did look away. But watching a woman be anally raped whilst being called vile things and then having her face smashed in? Yup definitely worse!