Tooth pain still there after tooth out 5 days ago

Had a tooth out last week and had to go back to dentist 3 days later as pain that bad. I had a dressing put in which came out after 24 hours and given some antibiotics. Pain worse now than ever.....pain in jaw, ear and head, am I expecting too much too soon or should I go back again??? I've had teeth taken out before and after 24 hours felt fab.

Had a tooth out last week and had to go back to dentist 3 days later as pain that bad. I had a dressing put in which came out after 24 hours and given some antibiotics. Pain worse now than ever.....pain in jaw, ear and head, am I expecting too much too soon or should I go back again??? I've had teeth taken out before and after 24 hours felt fab.

Take all the course of Antibiotics and if the pain is still there go back. Sounds like you had a dry socket and that will be what has caused the pain. Also, keep rinsing your mouth out with warm salt water and you should be fine in a few days.

Take all the course of Antibiotics and if the pain is still there go back. Sounds like you had a dry socket and that will be what has caused the pain. Also, keep rinsing your mouth out with warm salt water and you should be fine in a few days.

I had one of those a few weeks ago after an extraction and it was really painful for at least a week. I'd had stitches in my gum and my face was really bruised (normal for me - huge roots) but I was really concerned about the swelling and pain round the socket. However, it cleared up fairly quickly after finishing the antibiotics and I kept rinsing with salt water - just as you advise. Its fine now, healed beautifully.

Remember - you have just had something ripped out of your mouth, causing a huge hole in your flesh. I am not suprised you are in pain.

Been there myself, and as the people have said above - rinse with warm salt water and take he full course of antibiotics.

I had a wisdom tooth hole and went back to eating solid foods too early and ripped the hole open again, letting in infection. I got some tablets that were antibiotic and anesthesic..... never felt a thing after starting to take those. (I was convinced that I was a little pink starfish and I'd never be able to work in a seafood restaurant, but at least I wasn't in pain :D )

Archived