60's Pirate radio stations which did you like

desy

I knew a Dutchman who was skipper of one of the Pirates off the east coast, it was severely damaged in a storm and closed down and towed into Yarmouth. He got a job as manager of a firm building Trimarans in Brightlingsea but killed himself on a motorbike doing 80 odd mph through a village in Essex, he hit a telephone box then a pole, died instantly.

I used to be big headed but now I'm perfect.

I was doing 95 down the I 75 here in Florida and a State Patrolman pulled me over.

Do you realise you were doing 95 miles an hour said the copper, was I really said I, didn't realise it sorry. Ok the cop said just give me a good reason and you can go on your way.

I thought a bit and said, Well Officer my wife ran away with a Patrolman and I thought you were trying to bring her back.

Have a good day, Sir.

There were 2 Carolines. The story is well documented on the internet, but here's a quick resume.

Easter 1964 and Radio Caroline comes on air (from the MV Caroline) shortly followed by Radio Atlanta (from the MV Mi Amigo).

A merger of the 2 companies took place and the Mi Amigo stayed where it was and was renamed Caroline South.

The MV Caroline sailed around the coast - broadcasting as she went - and took up anchorage in Ramsey Bay, Isle of Mann, and was renamed Caroline North, thus giving the Caroline organisation national coverage.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Archived