The Daily Mail discovers Chatroulette!

I know that the Daily Mail sometimes gets slagged off on here for going over the top with its right wing hysteria, but this is hilarious!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1268745/Chatroulette-Is-new-teenage-website-disturbing-internet-craze-yet.html

Never mind that Chatroulette has been going for months and isn't a "cool teen" site anyway, it totally misses the point that it's the responsibility of the parent to block any sites they wouldn't want their children to go on. Is anyone really surprised that a website where you can watch strangers on webcams is likely to be full of perverts and weirdos?

It might even be me! hahaha. The article wasn't specific as to whether you can choose the gender of your tete-a-tete, was it?

We don't actually need Chatroulette, we can just use this forum to do EXACTLY the same thing :P Whenever I think of internet chat I always think of this clip, it's the BEST:

I can't decide which is my favourite paragraph! This:

"For this, the latest Frankenstein monster spawned by the internet is, as with so much web-based activity, impossible to monitor, restrict or control."

or this:

"And, as I discovered during my short venture into that world, it's yet another example of the pernicious sexual culture that threatens to corrupt the fibre of our children's innocence."

I'm just surprised she didn't end the article with:

"Will nobody think of the children?"

Silly, hysterical woman.

Archived