Seat recliners on planes, now (some) airlines take action !

on longhaul flights a lot of people remain asleep during mealtimes, thus making it impossible for the person behind to have thier meal in comfort.

As it says in the knee defender advert, " the right to recline my seat ends where another mans knee begins" seeing as my knee's more often than not touch the seat in front anyway, thier reclining is crushing my knees

P.S if any of the people who are saying pay for a seat with more legroom are about then maybe you can donate to my holiday fund to the tune of the difference in space and i'll gladly buy a more expensive seat.

You all buy a seat with a reclining function. What gives your knee's precedence over what other people have paid for?

If you're not willing to pay for a seat with enough room for yourself then I'd say that it's your problem, not someone elses.

like ive said before not everyone on here is mr moneybags like headingnorth, if you cant afford extra leg room you have to make do and every little thing is exagerated 10 fold when you havnt been able to get comfy for 10 hours, so the reclining seat in my personal space when i cant move my legs is a major bugbare to me

Breakdown in communication here, I`m with you mate ! I think it`s bleedin` ignorant reclining ones seat right back into someones` face, other than after the lights are swtiched off. Furthermore I know that Business class is very expensive, even Premium Economy is quite pricey.

I was asking you that question to see whether you`d have paid 10% more for, say, another 4 inches of leg room ?

Clearly you don't. You pay for the space behind it into which you can recline. If you 'paid' for the space in front then no one would be provided with a reclining seat. And you'd all be pretty miserable when flying at night.

If sliding the seat down and forwards works as well without taking the space behind then I'm sure it will be adopted widely, but if you travel on a plane where the seat backs recline, then you have the right to recline as does the person in front of you.

Exactly, so full recline should only be allowed when the cabin lights are out.

The fact of the matter is that there is a movable area of space, and it seems to me that the most reasonable answer is for that area of space to be allocated as the majority would want it.

The fact of the matter is that there is a movable area of space, and it seems to me that the most reasonable answer is for that area of space to be allocated as the majority would want it.

Apparently peoples selfishness rights take precedence over what others would call reasonable and considerate.

The majority use their reclining seats, it's you and a few others who appear to have a problem. So it would appear that it is already allocated as the majority want it.

Apparently peoples selfishness rights take precedence over what others would call reasonable and considerate.

And you'd prefer that your particular brand of selfishness, which involves stopping people using a facility they've paid for took precedence.

Easy to try to characterise other people as selfish, but at the end of the day they are using the facility that you also have and that you both paid for, whereas you are unilaterally trying to decide when they can and cannot use that facility based on your preferences. It appears quite clear to me that it's the moaners here that are selfish.

Breakdown in communication here, I`m with you mate ! I think it`s bleedin` ignorant reclining ones seat right back into someones` face, other than after the lights are swtiched off. Furthermore I know that Business class is very expensive, even Premium Economy is quite pricey.

I was asking you that question to see whether you`d have paid 10% more for, say, another 4 inches of leg room ?

I've plenty of sympathy for your argument, I'm 6ft 2" and economy flights are torture for me.

But we've been spoilt by low costs of air travel, with some carriers you can fly to many destinations in Europe for under a tenner, what would it cost in petrol to drive to Barcelona, and how long would it take?!

As others have suggested, you pays your money, you takes your choice!

And you'd prefer that your particular brand of selfishness, which involves stopping people using a facility they've paid for took precedence.

Easy to try to characterise other people as selfish, but at the end of the day they are using the facility that you also have and that you both paid for, whereas you are unilaterally trying to decide when they can and cannot use that facility based on your preferences. It appears quite clear to me that it's the moaners here that are selfish.

Quite right but aren’t we forgetting something:-

Cyclone Most airlines ask you to put the backs up when the meals are served. I'd expect everyone to comply with that.

But for the rest of the flight, everyone is free to recline.

These are the people that I was referring to.