Hidden Treasures - near Sheffield

Hello forumers,

Im asking if you could share your holiday secrets for the UK.

Im sure there are loads of nice places on the coast where you can go and camp or stop in a nice B&B for the weekend.

Its hard to explain my requirements to google and travel agents will end up finding the same expensive places 'on the beaten track'.

Thanks

The Youth Hostel in Whitby is very comfortable and reasonable in price, and Whitby itself is a fascinating place. From there you can get to interesting places like Robin Hood's Bay, and Pickering with its castle, medieval paintings in the church, and the start of the North York Moors railway (which often uses steam)

The Youth Hostel in Whitby is very comfortable and reasonable in price, and Whitby itself is a fascinating place. From there you can get to interesting places like Robin Hood's Bay, and Pickering with its castle, medieval paintings in the church, and the start of the North York Moors railway (which often uses steam)

Before I read your post Walt I was going to suggest youth hostelling. They are all over the country and are in many interesting buildings and places.

http://www.yha.org.uk/

SKEGVEGAS!! cant beat it :D love it love it love it :P lol.... some people do have caravans they rent out down there too at cheap prices.. i suppose it would depend on how long you would wanna stay there for as to whether it would be cheaper to go in a caravan or bnb.. :) xxx

Archived