Buses - West Yorkshire

There are at least two clever people in West Yorkshire - The chief Constable who said he's over paid, And the leader of the council who put the buses back into public ownership - I only want one clever council leader to sort these buses out, £4.00 + to get to town, no wonder no one leaves their car at home. Firsts percentage profit is around 23% where as all other bus companies percentage profit is 8% (BBC local news)

There are at least two clever people in West Yorkshire - The chief Constable who said he's over paid, And the leader of the council who put the buses back into public ownership - I only want one clever council leader to sort these buses out, £4.00 + to get to town, no wonder no one leaves their car at home. Firsts percentage profit is around 23% where as all other bus companies percentage profit is 8% (BBC local news)

But by dint, wouldn't that require Sheffield to have an intelligent council leader???? I reckon ours is only surpased by the wally (IMHO) in power in Doncaster...

If the Gov't is serious about the climate I think the only thing to do daft as it sounds is to get the lot back public, trains and buses, and have high speed rail where ever they can upgrade the lines. Try and bring the fares down to a palatable level for say a decade and then look at reintroducing them back into the private sector, or joint run, but do it gradually.

On track that are little used they should consider those tram/train hi-bread things and run them between cities.

Well that's my pie in the sky contribution to the topic.

Archived