Have many people in sheffield have been robbed

have you ever had your house broken into?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. have you ever had your house broken into?

I had my number plates stolen at Morrisons, Penistone Rd (in the middle of the afternoon!).

Also had a set of four alloy wheels with two good tyres stolen from my partner's father's house where they were being temporarily stored. I was gutted to say the least.

That's it for in Sheffield, anyway.

• 1 month later...

I got burgled last night, I got in after having a few pints at the local went to bed at around midnight and awoke this morning to find my laptop and flat screen TV missing. I stupidly left a small kitchen window open and my house keys on the kitchen table so made things easy for the opportunist/opportunists. I'm going to get in touch with my house insurance tomorrow but I feel I've not got a chance of getting any cover due to leaving the window open.

Burgled I think 7 times.

Garden furniture stolen once.

Clothes stolen from washing line twice.

Robbed once, (for about £1 by over 10 people, I wonder if they shared it fairly)

A bicycle stolen whilst locked up in town.

Police response to all incidents, crime reference number given, no action taken.

I'll not mention assaults, minor thefts, thefts by family. However he police response has been the same. Even when I've been the one committing the crime.

whats your nickname ?

Unlucky :hihi::hihi:

Burgled once when I lived on South Road in Walkey. Police officer told me that there were about 30 people known to them within half a mile who could have done it! Never heard anymore of it though.

I live off South Road, it's a pity I discovered this thread after it was to late.

I got burgled last night, I got in after having a few pints at the local went to bed at around midnight and awoke this morning to find my laptop and flat screen TV missing. I stupidly left a small kitchen window open and my house keys on the kitchen table so made things easy for the opportunist/opportunists. I'm going to get in touch with my house insurance tomorrow but I feel I've not got a chance of getting any cover due to leaving the window open.

I live off South Road, it's a pity I discovered this thread after it was to late.

You have my sympathy pal, I live in Walkley and a few people near me have been burgled by opportunist thieves after leaving windows open. A young lad in the area had a thing for popping in houses unlocked and pinching handbags recently though thankfully he's been nicked.

Archived