The minimum wage in Europe

Downing Street has long looked over the Channel to learn how it's done, and I'm really surprised it's taking the UK so long to bring in respective equivalents of the French CSG and CRDS, using the perennial NHS budget gap (same as in France, no difference) as an excuse for same :twisted:

Has France always had stronger unions than us? (or at least ones that weren't broken by that Thatcher woman). I always imagine the French sitting grumpily in pavement cafes eating croissant and discussing going on strike if their two hour lunch breaks are stopped, but I could be wrong.

Has France always had stronger unions than us? (or at least ones that weren't broken by that Thatcher woman). I always imagine the French sitting grumpily in pavement cafes eating croissant and discussing going on strike if their two hour lunch breaks are stopped, but I could be wrong.
France is probably one of the most union lead countris within the EU. Here's what they can do when they get organised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7951949.stm

Archived