Which wine do you prefer - Red or White?

Which wine do you prefer - Red or White?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which wine do you prefer - Red or White?

• Red
    • White
    • Depends on my mood / meal I am eating
    • Both
    • Neither

I definately prefer white wine, though it has to be dry.

After two glasses i'm really quite tipsy.

Can't stand red, tastes like vinegar to me, however I can occasionally sip a really good glass of red.

Favourite: Colombard/Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc

But the best glass I've ever had is a Cote's de Gascoigne from Cafe Rouge, pure heaven.

Originally posted by Rich

Red wine's supposed to be good for you apparently.. What moron reckoned that up?! Was he American? :lol:

Sounds like a French saying to me, also you have to be a moron if you buy French wine, which i'm sure you do,

Red Wine every time. Never pay more than a fiver, they usually have 2 or 3 on offer at my local co op.

Anyone recommend a good red for under a fiver ? I usually prefer the new world wines ie Hardys, Banrock, Jacobs Creek Shiraz or Cab Sav.

It simply has to be red. I've always held the opinion that white wine lacks the depth and complexity of flavours that red wine delivers. By and large my favourite region is Bordeaux but I'm also partial to the Pinot Noir varietal which is best witnessed in Burgundy or even California (but they are expensive!)

My favourite regions in Bordeaux are Pauillac (Ch. Mouton-Rothschild), Margaux (Ch. Margaux) and St. Emilion (Ch. Cheval-Blanc).

Champagne holds a special place in my heart. The delicate streams of bubbles, the buttery rich aromas and the long balanced finish. To quote Lily Bollinger,

"I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad.

Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.

When I have company I consider it obligatory.

I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am.

Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Red, preferably Shiraz, but I also like Faustino #1 and Margaux for special occasions.

White wine just gives me indegestion for some reason, especially Champagne, but it's ok for cooking with.

Originally posted by WintersMist

Hey you left out Rose! There's nothing finer than a nice White Grenache (Jullio&Gallo)

Then there are the lovely sparklings and champers! TUT TUT

WM

have to agree - haven't drunk wine until we discovered the above plus Blossom Hill - White Zinfandel. have been tempted to try others but nothing come close to these two.

Archived