Chocolate is a possible cause of depression

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8644016.stm

People who regularly eat chocolate are more depressive, experts have found.

Research in Archives of Internal Medicine shows those who eat at least a bar every week are more glum than those who only eat chocolate now and again.

oh no... :(

but is it cause or effect?

I could see a LACK of Chocolate as being a mitigating factor in depression...

Is the cause of depression eating the chocolate or the cause of eating the chocolate the feeling depressed?

I go for months without eating chocolate and feel just as crap as I do when I do eat chocolate, so in at least one case it's complete rubbish.

Is the cause of depression eating the chocolate or the cause of eating the chocolate the feeling depressed?

I go for months without eating chocolate and feel just as crap as I do when I do eat chocolate, so in at least one case it's complete rubbish.

exactly my point (above)

I eat tons of chocolate so should be a manic depressive in a padded cell with 24/7 guards watching me.

I am quite a positive happy person ... but actually - I don't care.

Chocolate. Yummy. Need more cadburys (but not the slimy galaxy chocolate cos that makes me ick).

The study linked to from the BBC isn't even referring to anyone with depression. They are referring to healthy people (nobody on an antidepressant or who has been diagnosed with depression) who are feeling a bit down- yet another enormous jump to link 'feeling glum' with clinical depression with no proof whatsoever that the two are actually linked.

I eat tons of chocolate so should be a manic depressive in a padded cell with 24/7 guards watching me.

I am quite a positive happy person ... but actually - I don't care.

Chocolate. Yummy. Need more cadburys (but not the slimy galaxy chocolate cos that makes me ick).

Tel you what, we'll rob the choolate shop, together, and divide the spoils. You stash theCDM,and I'll do the Galaxy,as alxy is my favourite.. :)

Tel you what, we'll rob the choolate shop, together, and divide the spoils. You stash theCDM,and I'll do the Galaxy,as alxy is my favourite.. :)

You will get us both banned for talking openly about crime on the forum. Blimey - you don't half like living dangerously. :hihi::hihi:

You will get us both banned for talking openly about crime on the forum. Blimey - you don't half like living dangerously. :hihi::hihi:

Heheh. :blush: oops!

*whistles, innocently*

Ps please excuse my spelling being poor, today. I'm on a rubbish machine, that won't let me backtrack and edit..

Archived