Prince Charles's aide at homeopathy charity arrested on suspicion of fraud

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/apr/26/prince-charles-aide-homeopathy-charity-arrested

Prince Charles's aide at homeopathy charity arrested on suspicion of fraud

Arrest of former official follows investigation into £300,000 black hole in books of prince's foundation

An aide in Prince Charles's campaign for wider use of complementary medicine in the NHS was arrested at dawn today on suspicion of fraud and money-laundering at the prince's health charity.

A 49-year old man, understood to be a former senior official at the Prince's Foundation for Integrated Health, was taken into custody at a police station in north London. He was arrested alongside a 54-year-old woman, who was being held at the same address.

The arrests follow a police investigation into £300,000 unaccounted for in the books of the charity, of which the Prince is president.

The foundation promotes homeopathy, herbal remedies and other complementary medicines, in line with the prince's advocacy of their wholesale application in the public health sector.

More here.

Fraud at a homeopathy clinic, who could possibly believe it? Homeopathy is a fraud. :hihi:

I don't see that as proof that Prince Charles is an idiot. The article refers to a FORMER senior official for a charity of which the prince is president.

It is probably proof that you are an idiot if you think that the prince has some hands on involvement with the charity.

being married to one of the more beautiful women in the world and having an affair with a woman who looks like a man in drag and then marrying the horse faced bint after his wife died was sufficient proof of his idiocy for me

I don't see that as proof that Prince Charles is an idiot.

I see it as proof because he has set up a charity that promotes "quackery", or in my opinion fraudulent medicines. Accepts donations from companies that sell these "medicines", and promotes them. And now, by some nice irony, his charity is actually the victim of fraud.

I met him once. He's probably a very nice man, but an idiot nonetheless.

I see it as proof because he has set up a charity that promotes "quackery", or in my opinion fraudulent medicines. Accepts donations from companies that sell these "medicines", and promotes them. And now, by some nice irony, his charity is actually the victim of fraud.

Your opinion may be wrong. Don't a lot of the ingredients used in medicines come from plants? Anyone with a brain can see that natural remedies can be very effective.

being married to one of the more beautiful women in the world and having an affair with a woman who looks like a man in drag and then marrying the horse faced bint after his wife died was sufficient proof of his idiocy for me

So you would prefer to marry someone you liked the look of, rather than someone you actually like?

"one of the more beautiful women in the world"... you've got to be joking, maybe if you're visually impaired. It's not like there was anything wrong with her, but to say she was anymore beautiful than many people I see in the street daily is stretching it a bit.

I personally found her fauning and constantly sullen face on TV rather annoying.

Archived