Prince Charles's aide at homeopathy charity arrested on suspicion of fraud

I see it as proof because he has set up a charity that promotes "quackery", or in my opinion fraudulent medicines. Accepts donations from companies that sell these "medicines", and promotes them. And now, by some nice irony, his charity is actually the victim of fraud.

So by your definition the Charity Commission must all be idiots from granting them charitable status. I think that you need to sit down for a while.

Your opinion may be wrong. Don't a lot of the ingredients used in medicines come from plants? Anyone with a brain can see that natural remedies can be very effective.

And that they have been for 1000s of years, not to mention that a lot of cultures still use these remedies.

The op says:-

Homeopathy is a fraud?

Does the op think fraud does not exist within the drug industry?

Your opinion may be wrong. Don't a lot of the ingredients used in medicines come from plants? Anyone with a brain can see that natural remedies can be very effective.

Strangely enough that's my opinion, yes. That's why I posted it under "general discussions" so that people with different opinions can discuss it. I even gave the discussion a deliberately provocative title for extra effect. :)

Also strangely enough I think my opinion is correct. Medicines that have been shown to work are called medicine, and medicines that have not been shown to work are called "alternative medicines".

"Alternative medicines" are often promoted or bought by idiots like Prince Charles, and idiots are often taken advantage by fraudsters.

Also strangely enough I think my opinion is correct. Medicines that have been shown to work are called medicine, and medicines that have not been shown to work are called "alternative medicines".

Where do you think they find the ingredients for medicines??? :loopy:

And that they have been for 1000s of years, not to mention that a lot of cultures still use these remedies.

The op says:-

Homeopathy is a fraud?

Does the op think fraud does not exist within the drug industry?

Yes it does exist in the mainstream drug industry unfortunately, as it does in all walks of life. :(

What's the relevance of that?

(The loopy sign was a nice touch.)

Your OP contained this;

The foundation promotes homeopathy, herbal remedies and other complementary medicines, in line with the prince's advocacy of their wholesale application in the public health sector.

And then you went on to make fun

I see it as proof because he has set up a charity that promotes "quackery", or in my opinion fraudulent medicines.

here.

The relevence is self-apparent.

Diana was only brought in for child bearing purposes, just as Phil The Greek was only brought in for stud purposes.

I think that you will find that the Queen married Phil despite the problems and without any encouragement from her parents.

Anyone who closes his mind to the possibility that he could possibly be wrong is truly an idiot.

Lots of possibles there. :)

You are possibly correct. This is why we have research, to take people's opinions out of the picture.

Prince Charles's charity is promoting treatments that research has shown to work no better than placebo, not to work at all or even make patients worse. This makes him an idiot imho. Prove me wrong by all means, my mind is open to the possibility.

The fact that his charity might also promote some treatments that do work, or some that are "natural" (whatever that means) is irrelevant.

Archived