Prince Charles's aide at homeopathy charity arrested on suspicion of fraud

Also strangely enough I think my opinion is correct. Medicines that have been shown to work are called medicine, and medicines that have not been shown to work are called "alternative medicines".

"Alternative medicines" are often promoted or bought by idiots like Prince Charles, and idiots are often taken advantage by fraudsters.

So now you are saying acapuncture doesn't work either and is only practiced by idiots on other idiots? You really are one sad case.

So now you are saying acapuncture doesn't work either and is only practiced by idiots on other idiots? You really are one sad case.

People like that won't believe in anything until it is scientifically proven.

They would have laughed in your face and called you an idiot if you'd told them about oxygen or atoms before there was any evidence for them. Closed-minded people :shakes:.

Unfortunately the people that had alternative medicine are not around to tell us if it worked.

76% of people in the USA have used alternative medicines. There are about 200 million of them who are still around and who can tell you if it worked.

You sound disturbed. I have an extraction of dendelion mixed with essence of beetle urine that could cure that.

:P

Dandelion extract is good for warts, and even mixed with beetle urine - depending upon the beetle - would not help someone who is disturbed. Tastes disgusting as well - though that is the beetle urine and not the dandelion (the roots of which can be used to make a very nice coffee).

I would suggest licking a toad if the person you are speaking about is disturbed, as this will make them even more disturbed and they may just shut up. :hihi::hihi:

Enjoy your Thalidomide.

Eh?

I'm no apologist of "Big Pharma" ... an industry that spends more on marketing than it does on research, and Thalidomide (which resulted in a good friend having a malformed arm) was a tragedy which directly resulted from insufficient research and studies. In fact I refuse to ingest any drug (other than alcohol) unless absolutely necessary. I can’t remember ever taking a headache pill, and the last drug put in me was Vincristine many years ago.

If anything, it is the nutritionists and alternative therapists that are encouraging us to pop pills, even more so than “Big Pharma”.

What I do support is research, studies and the proper interpretation of studies. Research is not difficult, but it can be time consuming, and expensive. Sometimes it proves what you don’t want it to prove. I wish the mainstream drugs companies did more, and the alternative health companies just did some at all.

Studies prove that homeopathy is no better than placebo, that Vitamin C doesn’t prevent colds (it does seem to be beneficial in treating colds) or prevent AIDS, that Vitimin E doesn’t prevent heart attacks, that detox regimes don’t work, and that taking antioxidants* don’t have any health benefits. But there are still plenty of people within the alternative medicine industry that promote these ideas.

What I would like to see is the alternative medicine industry actually spending some of their profits on actually undertaking research to back up their claims, rather than spending it on marketing that cherry picks or misinterprets other peoples’ research when it is favourable, or rubbishing it if it is not. I’m not being “closed-minded”, just asking for evidence to back up some claims of which I am sceptical.

Some years ago Prince Charles was promoting coffee enemas instead of chemotherapy drugs for treating cancer. For that reason he’s an idiot.

He then set up the Prince’s Foundation for Integrated Health (FIH), which promotes some treatments not just in the absence of evidence, but despite it. For that reason he’s an idiot.

Prince Charles may not be “hands on” in the FIH as pointed out to me earlier, but he is the founder and president and is said to be “very closely involved”. He will have been involved in appointments, and recently the FIH appointed an AIDS denialist as Chief Executive. The FIH have been criticised for a vendetta against Professor Edzard Ernst, and getting the Prince unconstitutionally involved in politics. Then there are all the financial irregularities leading up to the announcement that two people have been arrested for nicking £300k. He is certainly a poor judge of character.

More news here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/apr/27/prince-charles-charity-arrests

*How many of you still buy into all that antioxidants nonsense, and the marketing that says this chocolate or that wine is good for you because it contains antioxidants? The most up-to-date Cochrane reviews of pooled research showed that although there is a plausible theory of why antioxidant supplements may be beneficial, it turns out that people’s risks of death actually increase when they take antioxidant supplements.

76% of people in the USA have used alternative medicines. There are about 200 million of them who are still around and who can tell you if it worked.

Because they are still around it doesn't prove it worked.

There are millions of people who have never taken alternative medicines and are still around.

Archived