Buying from Phones 4 U

phones for you have a very bad name due to the way they sold years ago, i vowed i would never go back to them, however i have used them for the last three years as they really have changed and do some great deals, i upgraded two weeks back, got a nice new phone, traded in me old one and walked out with £150 in me pocket. the only downside is that they dont off 14day policy but i have shopped about and it seems no one does now.

i work in the industry but prefer to buy from them as cah in hand is always nice!

Wouldn't deal with those dodgy $%&*(&s if my life depended on it, stay well clear.

thats what i said 7 years ago when i was ripped off, but i have to say the last few years they have actually given me the best deals and plenty of money in me pocket., you just got to know how to deal with the salesmen!

thats what i said 7 years ago when i was ripped off, but i have to say the last few years they have actually given me the best deals and plenty of money in me pocket., you just got to know how to deal with the salesmen!

Well thats the thing, i dont really want to deal with their salesman. I would never buy something from the store, i went in today and it just looks like a load of salesmen waiting to steal your soul. i dont like all the adverts around all over the place offering this deal and that deal, once you are in there they could sell you anything.

I have seen a pay as you go phone on the internet, phones 4 u are the only ones i can find it, so it would just be a simple case of ordering the phone online, no salesmen, just the reviews of the company are putting me off.

Always just deal with orange store or once carphone warehouse, always steered clear of these.....

when I arrived in the UK, I have a top up phone and ound I was spending about £80 a month.

I went to P4U for a contract - which was supposed to be £50 month, but with all the add ons and charges, I was spending about £130 a month.

I went back at the end of the contract, explained my situation to them (and trusted them again) and I walked out with a £40 contract. I found that again with the add ons and charges I was still paying over £100 a month.

I went to an 02 shop after that and was sold a much more suitable contract. It is a £35 a month one, and the largets bill I have had in 2 years was about £60 - and that is because I was using it abroard.

Phones for you are the hard sellers who go for gold.

they can smell a wood duck coming from miles away.

I purchased a phone from them and it turned faulty, they said they had to send it for repair 3 times before they would exchange it, so I let them do that, it never came back fully working, they even scratched it once..

then when it came to exchange, they wouldnt exchange for the price I paid for the phone (about £90 at the time) - only to the value of the phone at the time (which was now about £50) - the phone was only 4 months old...

once I finally decided on another phone, they messed up and I got to keep both phones.. but it was a major headache to get sorted... I wont deal with them again now..

seems im the only one on here to have had a good experience then? mayvbe its lack of knowledge. that 3 times repair before replace is a standard with the network that i work with so its not just them and as for additional charges, if its not on your contract then you dont pay for it unles its something over and above, do people not read before signing? as i said i work in a network store and dont believe they are as bad as people make out, no worse than any other sales environment. you can actually play it to your advantage if they are having a bad day, you can always say NO if you dont want the deal too.

Archived