Young kids hurt whilst starting a fire in Edlington

Perhaps it's not best to be so judgemental. There but for the grace of god go most of us.

The kids and their parents have received a terrible behavioural lesson. They don't need criticising by people who would do the same.

Has nobody else ever started or attempted to start a fire?

Nobody had bonfire night when they were younger?

Nowhere in the report does it suggest this is a case of arson or anything malicious. For all those who are gloating about the childrens' injuries know they could have been trying to light the brazier to keep warm or cook something.

If they'd been burnt trying to set fire to the local badger orphanage or old folks home then it would have been a different matter.

See on one thread people are saying parents are basically numpties for not letting their kids run loose - so the parents get it in the neck. And now we have the parents who let their kids run loose ... get it in the neck.

It's definitely a no win situation for parents from all those people who know what's best for everyone.

I always think the same on these kind of stories you play with fire you get burnt some blame is due on the parents side tho because i dont have kids but if i did they wouldnt be allowed to mess with remote control fuel or other substances such as this.

I don't think it will bother the parents/parent for more than 5 minutes,they will then get back to their lifestyle of drugging,drinking and watching day time TV,all paid for by us of course.

why would you think it wont bother the parents it was said that the child age ranges from the age of 7 upwards on the radio and they were al hurt you cant always tell what your child is doing when your not with them that dont make you a drunken drug taking alcoholic bum. yes there are alot of kids that are just a waste of time trying to teach them whats right and wrong but some are easily led and are hurt in the following it may teach them yet i do doubt it from some of the kids in edlo there isnt enough going on for them. so they go for this there is always fires being started in the fields behind were i live and its down to kids my eldest (that is still at home ) is 15 and i court him playing truant yesterday when he should of been in school they didnt call me to tell me he wasnt there but they can call me when he is late for the start of the day. he has had all his priviliges taken from him for 2 weeks if i had of court him playing with fire i would have given him a bloody good hiding which i think some kids are short of the majority of parents dont no what there child is doing either because there not in bubble wrap or there out working and theyre latch key kids

why would you think it wont bother the parents it was said that the child age ranges from the age of 7 upwards on the radio and they were al hurt you cant always tell what your child is doing when your not with them that dont make you a drunken drug taking alcoholic bum. yes there are alot of kids that are just a waste of time trying to teach them whats right and wrong but some are easily led and are hurt in the following it may teach them yet i do doubt it from some of the kids in edlo there isnt enough going on for them. so they go for this there is always fires being started in the fields behind were i live and its down to kids my eldest (that is still at home ) is 15 and i court him playing truant yesterday when he should of been in school they didnt call me to tell me he wasnt there but they can call me when he is late for the start of the day. he has had all his priviliges taken from him for 2 weeks if i had of court him playing with fire i would have given him a bloody good hiding which i think some kids are short of the majority of parents dont no what there child is doing either because there not in bubble wrap or there out working and theyre latch key kids

There's a lot of parents it wouldn't bother,if the label fits wear it if it dosn't ignore it.

Has nobody else ever started or attempted to start a fire?

Nobody had bonfire night when they were younger?

Nowhere in the report does it suggest this is a case of arson or anything malicious. For all those who are gloating about the childrens' injuries know they could have been trying to light the brazier to keep warm or cook something.

If they'd been burnt trying to set fire to the local badger orphanage or old folks home then it would have been a different matter.

No I didn't start fires as a child, never went near a bonfire unsupervised and certantly didn't have access to any sort of lighters or accelerants :confused:

Archived