Gordon Brown's mask slips "she's a very bigoted woman"

You can see the conversation here:

[bbcnewsDOTcoDOTuk]/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8649308.stm (sorry, won't let me post a full link)

Personally to me she seemed like a painful woman to have to talk to. She did lauch onto immigration, taking it as a given that immigration is a bad thing. Brown tried to point out that British people live abroad, but didn't get a chance to finish.

(I thought the Eastern Europeans were going home anyway? Soon the bigots will be saying "Damn those Polish immigrants, going back home and leaving us all these jobs!")

Fair enough that it is an election, and Gordon Brown should be held to account for policies, etc, but I think we've all made comments like that in private when we've just dealt with a painful and demanding person. Admittedly, I laughed when I heard Gordon Brown discussing the lady - who wasn't thinking the same thing?

Still, wouldn't have been nice for her to hear the comments. Sky shouldn't have kept the audio going, but evidently chose to in order to cause trouble. I doubt Cameron would have fared much better, and even Nick Clegg may surprise us.

I take it your a labour party member.

So many words and not one valid point....... Tut tut tut

Almost half of all the UK's pits have closed since 1997.

I would imagine that is balderdash. But then there were only a few left out of the hundreds which existed when the tories took power.

Afterall half of nought is still nought!

He has insulted his core vote at just the time he most needs it. It could put him in third place on election night when otherwise he might have avoided that.

Tommorw's debate will be the crucial factor. If Clegg does well Brown looks doomed.

Get real Bedders the Tories wiped out over 80'000 jobs on Sheffield East end when they wiped out the city's private steel sector, Firth Brown,Hadfields,Brown Bayley + countless smaller ones.

You seem to have a very selective memory indeed.

Ateast the recent Corus redundancies may be temporary as the plants are still intact. Corus Engineering Steels (as I told you before) have announced they are recruiting 600 new staff. Teeside has not been permanently closed, the coke ovens are still open and claims full production will start again when normal conditions return.

And we are still dealing with that with Sheffield having the worst air quality in the country! More people suffer from lung disease in Sheffield due to poor air quality than in all of the country according to a recent report. Imagine if they were still on the go, what would the air quality be like? The modern steel industry is clean in emmissions & recycles most of it's raw materials but would the smaller ones still have been on the go with all the overheads that modern governements puts on them, such as emissions licences / carbon trading / recirculation for furnace chimneys etc. It is better that steel is made by modern large companies that take emsssions / H&S etc seriously ...unlike the far east steel industry that Gordon & his cronies want to encourage via globalisation. Remember the Beijing Olympics where production had to be stopped to hold the games as polution was that bad? A persons life is also quite worthless overthere as production is king.....

Archived