Gordon Brown's mask slips "she's a very bigoted woman"

Im sure all politicians have private views of the people they meet, just like we all do.

The mistake Brown made was to be indiscreet about his, which is a serious error of judgement for a man in his position.

No, his error wasn't being indiscreet. His error was dismissing valid concerns of a large part of the electorate as 'bigoted' and therefore unworthy of consideration. This coming from a man who in public claims he recognises those concerns and is addressing them but in private believes these concerns are merely 'bigotry' and therefore invalid.

Looks like Gordon may come out smelling of rose's . He now declares he is very concerned on immigration and is taking action . Wouldn't be surprised if he promise's something radical tonight. Lol

Hopefully he will announce plans to throw out anyone who abuses apostrophes.

The point of my post, which you completely ignored, is the sickening double standards of the media.

Yep. The press have behaved like harpies over this and made an issue out of not very much IMO.

Even the usually stoic Channel 4 news were lapping it up. Ooooh Brown said this, come and look at what Mr Brown has been saying about you Mrs Duffy! It was like something out of an under 8's playgroup.

Besides which, since when has being anti-racist as Brown was (albeit wrongly in this case!) been something to condemn?

No, his error wasn't being indiscreet. His error was dismissing valid concerns of a large part of the electorate as 'bigoted' and therefore unworthy of consideration. This coming from a man who in public claims he recognises those concerns and is addressing them but in private believes these concerns are merely 'bigotry' and therefore invalid.

I think considered her to be a bigot due to the inarticulate, tabloid-fuelled way she was trotting out Mail-esque bluster;

You can't say anything about the immigrants because you're saying that you're … but all these eastern European what are coming in, where are they flocking from?

Well, apart from the fact that she's answered her own question and "flocking" smacks of animals, that "you can't talk about immigration" line indicates she has paid absolutely no attention to any of the election debate, which has talked quite a lot about immigration, and instead believes the tripe she's been fed by the right wing tabloid press. That's probably why he thought she was a bit of a bigot.

I bet she says "political correctness gone mad" a lot, as well.

I think considered her to be a bigot due to the inarticulate, tabloid-fuelled way she was trotting out Mail-esque bluster;

You can't say anything about the immigrants because you're saying that you're … but all these eastern European what are coming in, where are they flocking from?

Well, apart from the fact that she's answered her own question and "flocking" smacks of animals, that "you can't talk about immigration" line indicates she has paid absolutely no attention to any of the election debate, which has talked quite a lot about immigration, and instead believes the tripe she's been fed by the right wing tabloid press. That's probably why he thought she was a bit of a bigot.

I bet she says "political correctness gone mad" a lot, as well.

Another one who thinks people aren't allowed to express a deep felt concern that seems to worry a very large part of the electorate. If Brown (and you) think people are bigoted for simply asking such questions then your party is truly out of touch.

I haven't heard any suggestions about dismantling the machinery from Cameron or Clegg and neither of them have put up much of a fight to protect our liberties and freedom of association over the past thirteen years.

Where have you been? There have been countless articles about the Tories scrapping the ID card over the past year:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5558155/Tories-will-scrap-ID-cards-contractors-warned.html

Well, apart from the fact that she's answered her own question and "flocking" smacks of animals, that "you can't talk about immigration" line indicates she has paid absolutely no attention to any of the election debate, which has talked quite a lot about immigration, and instead believes the tripe she's been fed by the right wing tabloid press. That's probably why he thought she was a bit of a bigot..

Tell you what, why don't you pop down to Sangatte and other places in France and see the problem first hand at the amount of people wanting to get into Britain? I went a few years ago, it wasn't pretty.

I'm pretty sure that they're all not fleeing France and are waiting to get to Britain in an already safe country.

Archived