Gordon Brown's mask slips "she's a very bigoted woman"

I think considered her to be a bigot due to the inarticulate, tabloid-fuelled way she was trotting out Mail-esque bluster;

You can't say anything about the immigrants because you're saying that you're … but all these eastern European what are coming in, where are they flocking from?

Well, apart from the fact that she's answered her own question and "flocking" smacks of animals, that "you can't talk about immigration" line indicates she has paid absolutely no attention to any of the election debate, which has talked quite a lot about immigration, and instead believes the tripe she's been fed by the right wing tabloid press. That's probably why he thought she was a bit of a bigot.

I bet she says "political correctness gone mad" a lot, as well.

If I were you sunshine (which thankfully I'm not) I would send poor old Gordon a bunch of flowers and have that nasty old bigoted woman burnt at the stake!

If I were you sunshine (which thankfully I'm not) I would send poor old Gordon a bunch of flowers and have that nasty old bigoted woman burnt at the stake!

Truth hurts :rolleyes:

Another one who thinks people aren't allowed to express a deep felt concern that seems to worry a very large part of the electorate. If Brown (and you) think people are bigoted for simply asking such questions then your party is truly out of touch.

Firstly, the Labour Party is not "my" party.

There was nothing in my post that said anyone shouldn't ask questions, but I felt the way she trotted out a garbled, poorly thought-out line, with no indication that she formed an opinion other than by reading the headlines in certain tabloids, was pretty ignorant, and made her appear slightly bigotted.

Firstly, the Labour Party is not "my" party.

There was nothing in my post that said anyone shouldn't ask questions, but I felt the way she trotted out a garbled, poorly thought-out line, with no indication that she formed an opinion other than by reading the headlines in certain tabloids, was pretty ignorant, and made her appear slightly bigotted.

Your attitude and views on people asking straightforward questions suggests you ought to join up. You could be branch chairman... (ooops sorry chair) within 6 months.

no indication that she formed an opinion other than by reading the headlines in certain tabloids, was pretty ignorant, and made her appear slightly bigotted.

If she worked at Rochdale Council then I guess she'd know more about immigration issues than anyone else on here.

Just like me and my work with the Polish in Lancashire (but lets not go on about that again). Sadly, the Labour apologists just accuse of us of being ignorant or listening to tabloids.

Whatever the outcome, Gordon Brown will not come out of it 'smelling of roses'.

Whilst I doubt that this affair will have a great deal of influence on the way the electorate vote, I suspect it could have a large influence on the result.

If as the pundits predict we have no party with an overall majority, then Nick Clegg has a large role to play. He has several options.

Firstly he would obviously like to form a coalition where he is appointed Prime Minister.

If that option flounders he is left with the option of supporting or not Brown or Cameron as UK Prime Minister. I just wonder what effect Brown's little outburst has had on his thinking?

Whilst I doubt that this affair will have a great deal of influence on the way the electorate vote, I suspect it could have a large influence on the result.

If as the pundits predict we have no party with an overall majority, then Nick Clegg has a large role to play. He has several options.

Firstly he would obviously like to form a coalition where he is appointed Prime Minister.

If that option flounders he is left with the option of supporting or not Brown or Cameron as UK Prime Minister. I just wonder what effect Brown's little outburst has had on his thinking?

I think he's already made it clear that he can't and won't work with Brown specifically.

Archived