Gordon Brown's mask slips "she's a very bigoted woman"

How do you figure that?

It will be between the parties to decide the leader and though Clegg would love it to be based on the popular share of the vote, it will be based on the support within the 2 parties.

Most MPs will back their own leader, Clegg has no chance if the share as predicted turns out to be 100 or so MP to Lib Dems ,300 or so to the Conservatives/Labour.

There are no rules regarding how the leader of a coalition is appointed. However if Clegg were to go into coalition with Labour I think he would be favourite to be PM.

1 He has already made it clear he won't support Brown as PM if Brown finishes third in terms of votes.

2 If the L/Ds gets more votes than any other party then Clegg has a legitimate mandate.

3 If Labour finish 3rd in the vote Brown is finished as a leader and his party will ditch him. In those circumstances I doubt the electorate would tolerate another Prime Minister who hasn't led his party into an election, particularly if that party only poled 20% of the votes.

I would say Clegg has a fair chance of being PM after the election. 7/1 seems about right. Not a great chance but certainly a fair one.

I sincerely hope the electorate do not see it as a case of '(we don't like) Brown' so let's vote for any party that he's not the leader of - though, sadly, for some it probably is just that.

It gets my vote. I wouldn't vote for Brown under any circumstances except as captain of the Titanic.

There are no rules regarding how the leader of a coalition is appointed. However if Clegg were to go into coalition with Labour I think he would be favourite to be PM.

Whilst there are no set rules about the appointment of leader.

I don't think Clegg will be favourite in a coalition government, even it was with Labour.

Firstly if Brown resigns then the deputy PM Harriet Harmon will step in.

Again, it's not the popular vote that will decide the leadership, it will be the support within the coalition.

If Clegg were to get a much bigger MP count than the 100 predicted then he possibly stands a chance but not other wise.

It gets my vote. I wouldn't vote for Brown under any circumstances except as captain of the Titanic.

Oddly enough, unless you live in Fife, you're not voting for Brown. You're voting for the candidate of a particular party. Now, if you're saying you'd never vote for a party that Brown is the leader of (irrespective of how well your local MP may have performed) then fair enough.

Let's hope you don't vote out a decent MP and get in a jerk, just for the sake of ousting Brown.

Depends.

Things change when there is a vacancy, if, for example, the leader resigns or becomes incapacitated.

When this happens, the Cabinet can liaise with Labour's administrative body, the National Executive Committee (NEC), on whether to appoint an interim leader until the next annual conference.

This person does not necessarily have to be the party's current deputy leader.

However, if the party is in opposition, the deputy leader will automatically "act up" and the NEC will decide whether to hold an immediate ballot or to wait until the next party conference to do so.

LINK

I'd rather have Brown in power for life than Harridan Harm-man.

Depends.

LINK

I'd rather have Brown in power for life than Harridan Harm-man.

You will have Brown for life if the Public sector expands anymore! after all they are the party of the Public sector.I would have neither Brown or Harperson,they are both bankrupt of real ideas to erase us from this mess we have gradually sunk into led by this bunch of rogues and amateur would be politicos!

So the Daily Mail have made a claim. Can you provide any proof that what they have printed are lies or "cobblers"?

Yep.

The article says:

A TV microphone overheard Mr Brown privately attacking Mrs Duffy, 66, as a 'bigot' for daring to raise immigration with him - seconds after telling her she was a 'good woman'..

That's not an attack, it's an accurate description of a bigot.

Look at the terminology.

"Flocking", why not say "swarming"?

Why did Mrs Duffy claim nobody can mention immigration?

She's just mentioned it!

Oddly enough, unless you live in Fife, you're not voting for Brown. You're voting for the candidate of a particular party. Now, if you're saying you'd never vote for a party that Brown is the leader of (irrespective of how well your local MP may have performed) then fair enough.

Let's hope you don't vote out a decent MP and get in a jerk, just for the sake of ousting Brown.

One MP won't make a scrap of diffence, and there is nothing to say that voting one out won't get you a better one. I look at it this way. If MPs of the Labour Party are stupid enough to put forward Brown as their leader they won't get my vote.

Whilst there are no set rules about the appointment of leader.

I don't think Clegg will be favourite in a coalition government, even it was with Labour.

Again, it's not the popular vote that will decide the leadership, it will be the support within the coalition.

If Clegg were to get a much bigger MP count than the 100 predicted then he possibly stands a chance but not other wise.

But as I said before I doubt that the country would tolerate a second unelected Prime Minister who stepped in after an election.

You seem to close your eyes to the possibility that Clegg could become PM. I don't say it is probable but it certainly is a 7/1 possibility.

Archived