Gordon Brown's mask slips "she's a very bigoted woman"

Would you ban British people from claiming child benefit abroad?

The amount paid in child benefit is dwarfed by the taxes Polish workers pay here, as we've already said upthread.

And calling children names just because they're Polish is a bit desperate.

How much does Poland contribute to Europe? Not as much as the UK i bet.

Grotbags used to call kids brats on the tv,do you have a problem with that?

SPINDRIFT......SPINDRIFT.........for christs sake,roll yourself a smoke or crack open a beer or something,or even finish your homework!......but just chill out!

I wonder if he is a school teacher who beats his kids around the head with a dumbell?

what seems worse to me was Gordon Brown lashing out at and blaming Sue Nye, for the meeting. This is someone that has worked with him for years and even introduced him to his wife. Gordon has been talking about getting out to voters this week and taking risks, well that is what was delivered for him. Gillian Duffy's forcefully put, and barely coherent points were what you would expect from even a fairly articulate voter put under pressure by being filmed by cameras. The interview may not have gone well, but it was hardly a disaster until he got in the car.

I can see where you are coming from Wildcat, but I think that you have to also take into account why Brown viewed it as a "disaster", It's obvious that Brown wanted to be seen in the best light in the closing days toward polling day, and was very wary of which tv clips would be played out on the evening news .

The last thing that Brown wanted was to be faced with women who says:

"now I'm absolutely ashamed of saying I'm Labour"

Brown was angry and naturally he would want to know how come Sue Nye or whoever set up the encountered hadn't vetted her first.

I can see where you are coming from Wildcat, but I think that you have to also take into account why Brown viewed it as a "disaster", It's obvious that Brown wanted to be seen in the best light in the closing days toward polling day, and was very wary of which tv clips would be played out on the evening news .

The last thing that Brown wanted was to be faced with women who says that she is :

"now I'm absolutely ashamed of saying I'm Labour"

Brown was angry and naturally he would want to know how come Sue Nye or whoever set up the encountered hadn't vetted her first, only natural.

Particularly as it all blew the gaff on the fact that Brown was supposedly meeting ordinary members of the public, and not hand picked stooges provided by the local Labour Party.

Archived