Gordon Brown's mask slips "she's a very bigoted woman"

I've said before - the question contains an implicit assumption that doesn't stand up.

And I'm not really interested in the question for that reason - my points have been about the contradiction of railing against crass generalisations ("feckless lazy british working class") but still meteing out crass generalisations ("You are a member of 'the politically correct chatterati").

Is it always all right? Wrapped up in the question is an assumption that simply doesn't hold up.

Going to be a game of semantics?

I enjoy reading your posts generally and do not have a problem with your point of view generally.

Let me try it this way -

Considering there may be people who are members of sheffield forum who appear to constantly aim racism as being a white thing, do you agree that this is right and that racism cannot or is not directed towards white people?

I think that's what I said. Anyhow - not bothered now. The conversation seems to be boiling down to pedantics, nit picking about spellings and abbreviation, and name calling (again). Yawn!

Going to be a game of semantics?

I enjoy reading your posts generally and do not have a problem with your point of view generally.

Let me try it this way -

Considering there may be people who are members of sheffield forum who appear to constantly aim racism as being a white thing, do you agree that this is right and that racism cannot or is not directed towards white people?

I think that's what I said. Anyhow - not bothered now. The conversation seems to be boiling down to pedantics, nit picking about spellings and abbreviation, and name calling (again). Yawn!

There's plenty of racism in all directions on this forum and in life. No one is disputing that.

And it's not really a matter of semantics. Milford's question is analogous to the "When did you stop beating your wife" question of yore.

Tell me DragonOfAna - when did you stop torturing small mammals? (j/k).

Milford is asking us why it is alright to label the British working class as lazy. Once you even begin to answer that question you are giving credence to a false assumption.

There's plenty of racism in all directions on this forum and in life. No one is disputing that?

And it's not really a matter of semantics. Milford's question is analogous to the "When did you stop beating your wife" question of yore.

Tell me DragonOfAna - when did you stop torturing small mammals? (j/k).

Milford is asking us why it is alright to label the British working class as lazy. Once you even begin to answer that question you are giving credence to a false assumption.

Who says I stopped? Who is passing such slanderous lies about me now? I'm a witch doncha know? Anyhow - better small animals than pulling the legs off one side of a spider and watching it run in circles.

Archived