Gordon Brown's mask slips "she's a very bigoted woman"

Gordon , I meen jeremiah ,she said nothing to be labled a bigot. She just said what everyone I know would want to say! Mrs duffy for prime minister!

See, that's your problem - you make up your mind with only half the facts (and very often only those that suit your bias).

Perhaps she said nothing to be labelled a bigot. Perhaps she said 'what are you going to do about them Poles coming over here an nicking our jobs?' Perhaps she said 'and what about the darkies?'

Until the transcript of what she asked and how she asked, it is wrong to assume that she is completely innocent.

Oh, and I am not defending him - I simply want to see both parts of the story before making up my mind.

Sorry if that goes against your view of reality, but there it is.

Im sure all politicians have private views of the people they meet, just like we all do.

The mistake Brown made was to be indiscreet about his, which is a serious error of judgement for a man in his position.

Omg its not about being discreet! You miss the point again- how can he label mrs duffy a bigot? Discreetly or not discreetly? He has shown how out of touch he and all the other main parties are, with the ordinary people of britain. Jeeze

I've just been howling with laughter after reading that. My fave bit; El Gordo squirming like a worm trying to excuse his comments:

Speaking on Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show, Mr Brown said: "Of course I apologise if I've said anything that's been offensive and I would never put myself in a position where I would want to say anything like that about a woman I'd met.

"I blame myself for what is done, but you've got to remember that this was me being helpful to the broadcasters, with my microphone on, rushing into the car because I had to get to another appointment and they have chosen to play my private conversation. These things can happen, I apologise profusely to the lady concerned."

That's what she asked him about mainly, even saying that Rochdale schools should be congratulated (some anti-Labour plant she'd make) and she asked an innocuous one liner about immigration from eastern Europe in the middle of it all.

Since Labour's estimate was for 50,000 eastern European immigrants but we got a quarter of a million it seemed like a fair question.

Firstly, my post seems to gone over your head. Never mind.

Secondly, can you point me in the direction of where her questions or, better still, the video/audio of the meeting can be found.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I'd rather see/hear for myself rather than taking the word of someone I don't know.

So far all I have found is reporting of what GB said (which is a faux pas for sure).

See, that's your problem - you make up your mind with only half the facts (and very often only those that suit your bias).

Perhaps she said nothing to be labelled a bigot. Perhaps she said 'what are you going to do about them Poles coming over here an nicking our jobs?' Perhaps she said 'and what about the darkies?'

Until the transcript of what she asked and how she asked, it is wrong to assume that she is completely innocent.

Oh, and I am not defending him - I simply want to see both parts of the story before making up my mind.

Firstly, my post seems to gone over your head. Never mind.

Secondly, can you point me in the direction of where her questions or, better still, the video/audio of the meeting can be found.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I'd rather see/hear for myself rather than taking the word of someone I don't know.

So far all I have found is reporting of what GB said (which is a faux pas for sure).

Nothing is over my head at all. I heard the conversation with Gillian Duffy it live. I heard his off-guard comments within seconds of him making them. Just find yourself a radio or connect to Five Live on the BBC website and listen to it yourself before standing your ground too firmly.

Iv already seen it der- gordon , I mean jeremiah . He simply can not be defended. The only way he is going to worm out of this is to limits exposure to the general public. Will be interesting to see what happen -

What was that about getting all the facts? Old saying in Yorkshire - ark at kettle ! I look forward to you confirming I was right again.

Omg its not about being discreet! You miss the point again- how can he label mrs duffy a bigot? Discreetly or not discreetly? He has shown how out of touch he and all the other main parties are, with the ordinary people of britain. Jeeze

No, Im not missing the point.

Politicians are judged by their actions, Brown's administration has failed on several fronts, and only in the last couple of years taken the issue of immigration seriously, with the overdue introduction of the points system, so his comment is hardly surprising.

Tell me, what do you think Nick Griffin's private view would be of a British man marrying a Jamaican woman and them residing in the UK?

It also wouldn't be surprising, but do you think it would be broadcastable or what you want to hear, having a Jamaican wife?

Archived