E.Parker, haulage

SUTman

Thanks everyone for the info. I remember their depot during the sixties situated behind the filling station at Malin Bridge and what a depot it was. True transport setup of the time with oil drums scattered all over the place and what resembled a 4 wheel mobile Coles crane for loading. Vehicles included Albion,Atkinson, Foden, AEC, Leyland and even Maudslay. By the way, they also had a maintenance depot on Grimesthorpe Road. I know that cos I painted it.

Warringtons on Bradfield Road operated from Eagle garage and seemed to run a smart fleet painted dark blue. During the fifties, they also ran coaches under the Eagle Coaches fleetname.

• 1 month later...
Warringtons on Bradfield Road operated from Eagle garage and seemed to run a smart fleet painted dark blue. During the fifties, they also ran coaches under the Eagle Coaches fleetname.

I worked at warringtons from 74-78 and most of the work was british steel and Bass and Whitbreads.Most of the fleet were Leyland Buffaloes.I have the copper plates used for printing letterheads for the coach bussiness.

Does anybody remember this company based at Malin Bridge and when did they cease trading?

in 1946 i used to work for a company called

gould had 2or3 lorrys the garage was on the land as you

look over the bridge the river was on 3 sides of it

thy had bedford tippers was on hire to the sheffield brick company

I worked at warringtons from 74-78 and most of the work was british steel and Bass and Whitbreads.Most of the fleet were Leyland Buffaloes.I have the copper plates used for printing letterheads for the coach bussiness.

Do you recall any of the drivers from around then Gordon S was a good mate of mine and he also worked at "Parkers" BRS and finished at Truswells another guy I can recall was "Kenny" who started on his own running from around the flouch and Billy C some more may come to mind as a few of them used to drink in the Talbot and the Crown at the top of Walkley Lane

Archived