E.Parker, haulage

SUTman

I remember J.E.Parker very well,here's three photos...............

Picturestyrings010.jpg

HuE0964.jpg

Photos courtesy of Alan Graham,Peter Davies and Arthur Hustwit.

They ran in a blue livery with gold lettering and I think they did some work for British Tissues or Dixons as it was known in the 60s as well as carrying steel products.

scan0380.jpg

Warringtons (est 1946) Transport was one of the first companies in Sheffield to be nationalized - BRS.In the latter years they ran a lot of Leyland Buffaloes and were a good company to work for apparantly.

Here's one of their Albion Caledonians,photo by Arthur Hustwit.........

HuE0899-d1.jpg

I remember J.E.Parker very well,here's three photos...............

Picturestyrings010.jpg

HuE0964.jpg

Photos courtesy of Alan Graham,Peter Davies and Arthur Hustwit.

They ran in a blue livery with gold lettering and I think they did some work for British Tissues or Dixons as it was known in the 60s as well as carrying steel products.

scan0380.jpg

Warringtons (est 1946) Transport was one of the first companies in Sheffield to be nationalized - BRS.In the latter years they ran a lot of Leyland Buffaloes and were a good company to work for apparantly.

Here's one of their Albion Caledonians,photo by Arthur Hustwit.........

HuE0899-d1.jpg

great pics, anymore?

I worked at Tinsley Park Bar Mill then Hawke St then Thrybergh Bar Mill. We used Parkers, I remember John Moat and there was a little bloke with black thinning hair combed back, great bloke and I'm ashamed I've forgotten his name although it might have been Ian. All lorry drivers in the steel haulage trade worked their rocks off, the shunters especially did.

I was in contact daily with the gaffers at Parkers and they were great to deal with, not too pushy like Thorpes and not fussy about destinations unlike some companies I dealt with.

Hi stevie.thos epics are of A E Evans who I used to work for,not Parkers. I think I posted those two pics on another thread on here.

Have you got any of Parkers,would be nice to see them:)

im not certain but i think parkers did pool work with geoff hardisty running out of british steel, there was a few small companies that did pool work with some subbing to the likes of bigger companies such as ernest thorpes, deepcar transport etc

Would that be the Geoff Hardisty that started Wharncliffe Transport? If so he put some fridge trailers into Wincanton at Maltby in the 90s and up to 2004.

Would that be the Geoff Hardisty that started Wharncliffe Transport? If so he put some fridge trailers into Wincanton at Maltby in the 90s and up to 2004.
he may well have started wharncliffe transport but i only remember him lugging steel on his trusty scanias

Archived