Disney world florida

I would recommend doing what we did two years ago and that's having a day off between doing the parks. We hung around the pool or visited shopping malls or traipsed up International Drive on our days off.

SeaWorld was a ten minute walk from our hotel so we did that twice, once during the day and later at night to see the spectacular fireworks.

I loved it all but eating out was particularly memorable as the Yanks know how to do customer service Big Style. And food and beer is so cheap too.

Man, I wish I were there now...,

Also,have you been to the space centre?

This is the place I'd most like to visit for a second time if I returned to Florida. I know it's a bit of a drive, but I personally think it's well worth making the effort to go and see. However, I'm not sure how interesting a 7 year old will find it.

To echo someone's earlier comment, the superb firework display at Epcot is on every night as far as I remember (about 9pm), and it takes place in the World Showcase area.

With regards to Disney World, I enjoyed it but I was too old to appreciate it really (I was about 15/16) and personally preferred the aforementioned Epcot, and Universal Studios (in terms of theme parks).

Wherever you decide to go, don't buy tickets on the day, get them before. I went in October and got our tickets from this website: http://www.undercovertourist.com/. I'd recommend a Hopper ticket for your Disney one, this allows you to "hop" between parks during the day, which is excellent if you're at say, the Magic Kingdom but want to get to Epcot for the fireworks. Don't miss Epcot out- yes, it's more educational but Test Track is amazing. I'd definitely recommend both Disney and Universal, they both have different things to offer and Disney isn't just for kids- I've been twice in the past three years and I'm 26 ;)

I liked the Space Centre, but it's quite a drive from Orlando if I remember correctly. The beaches are OK but I warn you- VERY VERY boring if you're a kid who's just come from Disney :) When I was 8 we did a two centre holiday, a week in Orlando and a week in Clearwater and I was bored silly on the second week. But worth a look if you're just going for the day I suppose.

Whatever you end up doing, you'll have the holiday of a lifetime :D

I loved it all but eating out was particularly memorable as the Yanks know how to do customer service Big Style. And food and beer is so cheap too.

Been a few times now, just returned (over a week late) and each time we go we notice that the customer service is slightly worse than the last time. Orlando didn't exist not so long ago, and the tourist industry created was filled by numerous willing workers. I suspect many of the latest generation of young workers, who were born and educated in Orlando saying to themselves "I'm not going to work in the damn tourist industry", now resent the fact that they work in the tourist industry. :)

It used to be cheap, but not now. The exchange rate hasn't helped of course.

Beer and wine in our hotel was $9 and $12, so very expensive as you'd expect. In most places in the tourist areas, beer was $7.50 or more so still expensive. Never managed to buy a beer for less than $4.50, which is not exactly cheap.

Meal for 4, even with 1 off the kids menu, would typically come $75-$85.

Don't forget you'll be adding 15-20% gratuity to all that.

Add another unexpected week to all that. :help:

Don't forget about International Drive and all the great attractions there. There was a "Ripley's Believe it or not" museum when I went which was excellent. It looks like a giant house but upside down...

Also a recommendation is staying in the lovely villas they have there. Ideal if you're sharing with another family or two.

Oh and Ponderosa for all you can eat chicken nuggets.

Florida is a fantastic natural environment, and most Brits just visit the theme parks.

Set aside one of your "chill" days to go and visit one of the numerous National Parks. Blue Springs is just 45 mins north, take a boat up the St John river and see manatees and alligators in their natural habitat. There are many more to choose from.

I went in 1978, age 8 so I'm sorry that I can't give any up to date information.

I remember it being very hot and also we couldn't afford to go on the Mystery Submarine, which was really disappointing because it seemed like the best ride in the whole place.

the consensus among us kids was that it wasn't all that great actually, and we preferred a park called Man and His World in Toronto we'd gone to before.

Florida is a fantastic natural environment, and most Brits just visit the theme parks.

Set aside one of your "chill" days to go and visit one of the numerous National Parks. Blue Springs is just 45 mins north, take a boat up the St John river and see manatees and alligators in their natural habitat. There are many more to choose from.

I love manatees!!:) I enjoy watching their feeding frenzies!

Archived