Disney world florida

A stop on the way at a town called Celebration, many Brits own homes there, its known as "The town without crime" kind of a Stepford Wives living, drive around and see the lovely immaculatley kept homes, a realtor will show you some inside , if you have the time, also a walk around the little tea/gift shops is worth the stop, it's easy to find ,you'll see the signs for Celebration 10 min before Disney, you won't want to go back to your home town after seing this , the kids will enjoy it too.

Florida Keys are worth a look and Ernest Hemingway's house is there.

Too bad that there's no way to get to Cuba which is only 80 miles distant.

That's a place I hope to visit one day when relations finally get back to normal

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have never been that time of year. I also have been wondering if it's nice.

We are just booking to go in June next year. We have just found an amazing 7 bedroom villa!

This will be my 5th time of going to Florida and I will tell you it's amazing.

Try and do all the parks. I can't fault any of them! If you buy the hopper passes for Disney and get bored of one park you can just go to a different one.We usually go to every park and then the last couple of days we have left decide which we liked the most and do them again in half day's.

I can't wait to go to Harry Potter's world in Universal Studios! I just hope that Spider Man has re-opened as it's by far the best ride out of all the parks.

Hiya guys, can you recommend me anything for Florida, Im going in November, whats weather ike then?

I suppose it varies, but I went in October back in 2003 and the weather was fine, still in the 80s fahrenheit every day, and there wasn't even as much rain as I was led to believe. I'd heard it rained every afternoon but I think we only had a couple of real rainstorms in a fortnight.

Going at that time of year meant it was a lot less crowded as well, although the major theme parks were still pretty busy. I wouldn't like to go at the peak of the season.

My first time there was in 1986 and the best part of the trip was going to Kennedy.

Disney as a 9 yr old was okay, but at the time only Epcot (which had only finished all its construction), Mainstreet USA & the main park were built. They were just beginning construction on MGM. Went to Universal in 2007 and its great if you dont or do like roller coasters. Theres something there for everyone. Buy a day pass for food & drink pass as you can get unlimited refills and its not cheap inside the parks (regardless how low the dollar is)

Basically Int'l Drive is loaded with any and every chain restaurant you can imagine. All of them will be relative in cost/taste/experience. If you like seafood Red Lobster or Long John Silvers will best. All the burger places TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, etc) will do a decent surf and turf.

If youre driving and spending two weeks there, try to get down to the Keys and spend a few days there. Its not called paradise for nothing.

Dont wander tooo far away from the main strip in Orlando as its quite dodgy (Two Sheff Uni students were murdered recently there) My mother lives in FL and only visits the main strip, as Orlando itself is quite rough.

Hiya guys, can you recommend me anything for Florida, Im going in November, whats weather ike then?

November is quite cool Id keep a fleece with you for the night, but the day time should be okay with shorts and a tshirt. The locals will probably be wearing jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a jumper, but thats because their acclimatised to it

Like others have said it should be quite peaceful as long as youre not there the second to last Thursday - as thats Thanksgiving weekend and its a big time for travel and Disney

I'm heading to Orlando in September. The temperature for November is slightly cooler especially during the night taking a light jacket is advisable. It won't be scorching hot at that time so generally it is a good time to go and also the parks would be alot quieter.

Look into hiring a car during your stay, it will make your life alot easier to get to places. If there is a group of you going then staying in a villa would be a good idea. Otherwise tourists usually stay at International Drive or onsite at Disney or Universal.

There are 4 Disney parks, 2 Universal parks, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, Busch Garden and the water parks. Busch Garden is actually in Tampa and not in Orlando.

Shopping is also a must. There is a premium outlet at the north end of International Drive and another one at the south end. There is also The Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia.

Whilst you are there try and eat at The Cheesecake Factory at The Millenia Mall. Great choice of food and one of their cheesecake for dessert is a must.

Hi

We've been to Florida for the last three years, and we still haven't seen it all!

The first time we stayed on International Drive, and did not hire a car....still able to get about as bus service pretty good, but was tiring!

The last two times we stayed in a private villa and hired a car, but the minus side was the villas are abit out of the way of any entertainment like you get on I drive.

I would recommend all the parks, if you can manage them, we have stayed for three weeks for the last two years, and bought a 14 day disnay ticket and a seaworld ticket so we could alternate parks.

Universal is good for familes with older children, as there a quite a few big attractions, but is good for the experience.

If you can visit discovery cove for a dolphin swim, then do. Its amazing!

My favourite park is, of course, magic kingdom and even at my age I get a lump in my throat when I walk through the gates onto Main street, and the castle is bang in front of you....and dont get me started at the wishes parade in the evening....makes me rather tearful to say the least!

We have tried most of the chains for meals, as well as eaten at the parks, and I can honestly say, we haven't had a bad meal. Tony Romas ribs and steaks are divine!!

The best advise I would offer is to buy the brits guide...check out ebay as the price for this varies wildly, this little book is crammed pack full of information, with places to eat, and little tips to get the most of your stay....

We have given it a miss this year, as we usually go in August/September, but DD2 is going up to senior school this year so unable to go at this time...but we will be booking this weekend for September next year, staying at Disney World resort itself! And I can't flaming wait!

Enjoy your trip!

Jayne

Archived