Are the English Democrats a viable alternative for Sheffield?

The Audit Commission Report on Doncaster makes for a surprisingly good read - whilst the Mayor didn't create the mess in Doncaster he hasn't exactly helped. From what I recall the Report says he is politically naive, does not seek to consult or include others, has undermined the confidence of minority groups in local government and recommends he have a mentor. The Report also says something along the lines that he should keep in mind his responsibilities to promote good community relations.

The Audit Commission Report on Doncaster makes for a surprisingly good read - whilst the Mayor didn't create the mess in Doncaster he hasn't exactly helped. From what I recall the Report says he is politically naive, does not seek to consult or include others, has undermined the confidence of minority groups in local government and recommends he have a mentor. The Report also says something along the lines that he should keep in mind his responsibilities to promote good community relations.

But he was elected on a manifesto of being a git, he's only trying to do what the morons who voted for him presumably wanted him to do. :confused:

Why of all places would the English Democrats want to stand in Hallam?

Surely they'd be better off to have a bash in a seat South East or Brightside & Hillsborough where the demographic bears more resemblance to Donny.

Why of all places would the English Democrats want to stand in Hallam?

Surely they'd be better off to have a bash in a seat South East or Brightside & Hillsborough where the demographic bears more resemblance to Donny.

The BNP aren't standing in Hallam. I assume the BNP got the first pick of seats & these guys are standing in some of the others, they wouldn't want to split the fascist vote.

edit - having checked, the bnp aren't standing in sheffield south east, however that area covers darnall, attercliffe & tinsley, which all have quite high asian populations, I suspect they wouldn't get many votes there.

Peter Davis has been a disaster in Doncaster. I have it on good authority that he recently said he wanted to get rid of the homelessness service, until someone pointed out that it was a statutory provision which you can't get rid of. He has no idea. What a berk.

That is true - he was unaware that a large number of services provided were statutory - he was seemingly under the impression that the council could decide what all income - including specific grants were spent on. And hadn't realised that over 70% of Donny's money came from central government - amazingly he thought it all came from council tax and business rates!

The BNP aren't standing in Hallam. I assume the BNP got the first pick of seats & these guys are standing in some of the others, they wouldn't want to split the fascist vote.

edit - having checked, the bnp aren't standing in sheffield south east, however that area covers darnall, attercliffe & tinsley, which all have quite high asian populations, I suspect they wouldn't get many votes there.

Sheffield South East also includes huge swathes of largely white council housing and some of the lower cost housing for owner occupiers - quite often fertile ground for the likes of the English Democrats - certainly more likely to have a chance of saving their deposit there than Hallam.

To my surprise I had an election leaflet from our English Democrat candidate through the letterbox today.

?

Good good good! The more the merrier. Just keep splitting that redneck vote. I'm going to start the UKNP. The manifesto will look like this: 1. Down with foreigners. 2 No bloody poofters. 3. It's political correctness gone mad. 4. Other stuff like that.

From what I've seen they seem to be BNP lite.

Very unprofessional too - what professional organisation has a website and doesn't change the admin password. They're just begging to be hacked - i was tempted to change the website background image to a saltire if it wasn't such a naughty thing to do.

Archived