A way to treat louts?

Knowsley borough council are planning on treating up to 50 louts to a day out at Alton Towers in an attempt to prevent a repeat of the previous years antics of vandalism on Halloween. The day out will hopefully leave them tired and will ultimately force them to stay in.

What do you think of this idea?

Here is the link to the story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/10/20/nlout20.xml

Well, its the same old story that the good kids get nowt the yobs get the sympathy.

A boot camp is the only answer to sort them out.

Some may say bring back national service but personally i believe that would just put young men in a position were they would not want to be therefor not getting a dedicated army.

we could bring back floggin for the muggers and burglars.

As you may have guessed,i think this idea stinks."Tough on crime,tough on the causes of crime" wasn't it Tony,yeah looks like it mate.

The last time i went to Alton Towers it cost me about £25,plus traveling down there. Next time i'll remember to just smash a few windows or burn a car out.:mad:

That's a pretty dumb idea.:loopy:

So reward these louts with a day out at a fairground to enjoy themselves while other more deservng well behaved kids get what???? Nothing probably.

So the do-gooders who pay their taxes actually get to front all this?

Why not tire tham out by making them do something else, like build a community bonfire, make halloween decorations and costumes, carve pumpkins etc. I don't know, anything but a big fat treat for being what? a lout? Seems like a reward for the kids to misbehave next year so they get a day out at Alton Towers. Hell, I'd be bad for that!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they'll wreck Alton Towers, steal things, break rides, vandalise the monorail, pull up plants, shoplift, fight other kids there, push to the front of the queues.....

I say lock them onto a ride and make them sit in it all day. Pick one of the pukiest nastiest rides. Enjoy!

That's nothing. My next door neighbour takes problematic kids drumming, scuba diving, canoeing, and climbing.

Before you throw blanket criticisms, it behooves you to look for balanced sources, and the actual circumstances of the visit.

A quick session with google will reveal all....

I can't think of one good reason why yobbos should be taken on a trip anywhere other than to the nearest prison or young offenders centre.

The council feel its a good deal at £500 with group discount and Asda providing food and buses given free. Well I think that it stinks. What sort of message are we giving to the good kids.

Another example of papering over the cracks by some half baked Labour council.

Archived