Nick Clegg seems to be the darling on the younger generation

Has Nick clegg become the darling of the younger generation?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Has Nick clegg become the darling of the younger generation?

• Yes
    • No
    • Whos nick clegg?

The thing I didn't like about the Lib Dems is that they didn't agree with Tony Martin and what he did to that Pikie burglar, and said he deserved to go to prison for what he did.
Martin killed someone who turned tail and ran as soon as he saw Martin and gunned him down when he was escaping through a window. He thus posed no actual danger to Martin. Had the burglar attacked Martin with the intent to harm then martin would have been justified in shooting him as Martin could have been the one who ended up dead.

You have a right to defend yourself and your home but what you do not have the right to do is dispense your own justice after you have been wronged as that is a job for the police and our courts system. Its worth noting that even under current Tory plans Martin would still have been prosecuted....

*waits for Kingmaker2 to come and point out how this cannot possibly be true*

That's a strange comment to make, but then again no surprise.

I would say though that Clegg would probably appeal to the young or first time voter since his party carries no baggage, that the other 2 parties do.

He is a passing fad. Back in the 1990s Irvine Patnick was considered a pin up amongst impressionable teenage girls. There were near riots every time he spoke at Totley Conservative Club, all that screeming and shouting we want Irvine etc. By 1997 it all went away and he lost his seat.

;6187444']You have a right to defend yourself and your home but what you do not have the right to do is dispense your own justice after you have been wronged as that is a job for the police

I feel I should point out that Tony Martin had been repeatedly burgled by the same people with the police taking no action. Also, he shot in the dark at a (then) unknown number of burglars.

He claimed to have been burgled several times, losing £6,000 worth of furniture. Martin also complained about police inaction over the burglaries. The police reports state that multiple items and furniture were stolen such as dinner ware and a grandfather clock. The neighbours also had police reports of robbers, some believing they were the ones Martin shot at.

LINK

However, as soon as some pikey scumbag gets hurt, they're all over the place.

Lack of evidence? "Not this time".

Police too busy? "Not for something like this, it's like Christmas come early".

If the police had put a stop to Fred Barras's activities earlier, he would be alive now.

;6187444']Martin killed someone who turned tail and ran as soon as he saw Martin and gunned him down when he was escaping through a window. He thus posed no actual danger to Martin.

I would add though that when you are confronted with such a situation you don't have a great deal of time to reason with yourself.

Martin could well have thought the guy was a danger, and just because he was fleeing,doesn't mean that the same guy wouldn't come back at a later time and cause possible harm to Martin.

Archived